GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Only one 'U' working on Daylight running lights (Xenon)

bilaba70

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all,

I have xenon headlights on my golf 7 1.4 TSI ACT. The strange thing is only one u instead of two works in daylight running mode, no matter which mode I put my lights in.

I've seen pictures with two u's working in DRL.

What could be the issue here?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi all,

I have xenon headlights on my golf 7 1.4 TSI ACT. The strange thing is only one u instead of two works in daylight running mode, no matter which mode I put my lights in.

I've seen pictures with two u's working in DRL.

What could be the issue here?

Get some replicas if you want both Us working.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
there's an LED "dot" in the inner housing that you can use for DRL. I think the coding is "Scandinavian Daytime lights" mod. Just search for that on the forums (it turns on your tail running lights as well though).

It looks pretty good imo with the U and Dot. And I feel it is more aggressive looking than the double U - especially with fogs on at the same time (if it is legal to do so where you are).

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
there's an LED "dot" in the inner housing that you can use for DRL. I think the coding is "Scandinavian Daytime lights" mod. Just search for that on the forums (it turns on your tail running lights as well though).

It looks pretty good imo with the U and Dot. And I feel it is more aggressive looking than the double U - especially with fogs on at the same time (if it is legal to do so where you are).

http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/3876/gti-inner-led-dot-drl