GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

One touch window up/down..

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
The windows probably aren’t coded in the controller properly! I think one touch can be turned on and off using the check boxes in the controller using VCDS.

I did end up just copying the coding from my old controller so maybe it's not liking that. I'll look at the check boxes in the coding helper again and see if I'm missing anything as well. I just hope it's not an adaptation thing because there are so many different adaptations to change.

Ismail24

Car(s)
gof7 2015
I actually have that issue, battery replacement didn't fix it. I gave up on trying to reset it, some days it works fine, other days it doesn't (driver and passenger) but a few mins later it starts working fine like nothing ever happened... it got a mind of its own, sometimes i talk to it, and sometimes it answers back
hahaha This is gold. I have the same problem with my Golf7.
I declared this problem to my VW car dealer in the Waranty period, and after failing to resolve it, they started pretending that this dysfunction was "normal..".

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i find it annoying how often i need to reset my windows to keep the 1-touch system operational. i must fiddle with the window position way too much while driving lol.

Ck85

Car(s)
Mk7 GTD
T
It's in the manual. Roll the window down but keep the switch pressed down for 3-5 seconds. Then raise it and keep the switch pulled up for another 3-5 seconds.
This is awesome... Thanks so much... I just bought my 2017 Mk7 GTD... Absolute gem of a car but drivers side one touch window wasn't working. I prob should've looked in the manual, but Google is sometimes easier lol. Cheers guys.

TimCv1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI mk 7, Tiguan MQB
It's in the manual.
Which if the manual was readable instead of having more warnings and such than actual content/directions would be a helpful reply.

Edit: Such as:

"NOTICE

If you leave the windows open, rain or other precipitation may
enter the vehicle from outside and can damage the vehicle
interior."

TimCv1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI mk 7, Tiguan MQB
T

This is awesome... Thanks so much... I just bought my 2017 Mk7 GTD... Absolute gem of a car but drivers side one touch window wasn't working. I prob should've looked in the manual, but Google is sometimes easier lol. Cheers guys.
See my reply about the manual specifically. It's an infuriating pile of garbage that I only refer to out of absolute desperation

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Which if the manual was readable instead of having more warnings and such than actual content/directions would be a helpful reply.

Edit: Such as:

"NOTICE

If you leave the windows open, rain or other precipitation may
enter the vehicle from outside and can damage the vehicle
interior."
Thats in the manual?

TimCv1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI mk 7, Tiguan MQB
Thats in the manual?
Yup. Normally when I get a new car (or anything that has one really) I read the thing pretty much cover to cover, or at least skim for notable bits. This one is so full of junk I put a couple post-its in notable places but generally threw it against the wall (figuratively speaking).

Ironically, I eventually found a PDF so I was able to search and find this bit about the window switches - and that warning in the way first of course. But the thing is, I wouldn't have known it was a thing to even LOOK for (the reset stuff) without this thread. "Stone the bloody crows."

Edit - and yes I've had mine quit and mysteriously come back - I guess I probably accidentally reset it while dicking with it. I thought I was heading for a switch replacement (which I guess technically I could still be, the "accidental reset" thing being obviously only a theory at this point).