GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

One touch window up/down..

adelgado7317

Passed Driver's Ed
Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem...I have a , 4 door, 5,000 miles... had it for over 3 months now, car has been flawless except for a faulty driver side window switch (rattled bad when playing music) so dealer replaced and it still rattles but it's not as bad, that was about a month ago, now I noticed that the automatic driver window up/down does not work anymore. The window still goes up and down perfectly fine...but it's not one touch you have to hold it, all the other doors work fine on one touch and the drivers used to work until now...gonna be taking back to dealer unless there's a quick easy fix... anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fanis1

Ready to race!
It's in the manual. Roll the window down but keep the switch pressed down for 3-5 seconds. Then raise it and keep the switch pulled up for another 3-5 seconds.

Jared

Ready to race!
Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem...I have a , 4 door, 5,000 miles... had it for over 3 months now, car has been flawless except for a faulty driver side window switch (rattled bad when playing music) so dealer replaced and it still rattles but it's not as bad, that was about a month ago, now I noticed that the automatic driver window up/down does not work anymore. The window still goes up and down perfectly fine...but it's not one touch you have to hold it, all the other doors work fine on one touch and the drivers used to work until now...gonna be taking back to dealer unless there's a quick easy fix... anyone else have this issue?

I had the same problem except it was the passenger side that rattled but something as you they said they replaced it but it still rattles but not as bad... Also at one point the driver side window stopped being automatic for a day and then it started working again the next time I drove it.

GeoBog

Ready to race!

This happens on all cars that have one touch windows. It usually happens when the windows controllers lose power in cases like unplugging the battery or in your case disconnecting the controls on the drivers door. They will need to be "recalibrated" and Fanis has explained the procedure above which is also in the manual. It is a 1 minute job.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
It's in the manual. Roll the window down but keep the switch pressed down for 3-5 seconds. Then raise it and keep the switch pulled up for another 3-5 seconds.
Thanks this just fixed my issue :)

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Tahiti1

Passed Driver's Ed
I discovered the same thing on my wife's car today.

When she's back this evening, I will try the solution mentioned.

The window open (on the keyfob) isn't working either. Is this potentially the same issue resolved with the above solution?

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
The window open (on the keyfob) isn't working either. Is this potentially the same issue resolved with the above solution?

Yes, the system knows there is a window that is not working properly and stops the comfort opening. Once the system has been reset it will work again.

ManInTheClouds

Ready to race!
This happens on all cars that have one touch windows. It usually happens when the windows controllers lose power in cases like unplugging the battery or in your case disconnecting the controls on the drivers door. They will need to be "recalibrated" and Fanis has explained the procedure above which is also in the manual. It is a 1 minute job.

I think it's more a software glitch for most people.

When I left the gym the other night, I used my remote on the comfort open feature. As I set off and started to roll the 4 windows back up the driver's side was stubborn.

Being a VW veteran I just did the 3-5 sec switch holding trick, and it's working fine again.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
I just installed the rear OEM LED door puddle lights and now my two rear windows are also not one-touch up or down. In addition, the remote window up/down feature doesn't work anymore. VCDS came up with 0 faults. I'll attempt the 3-5second up / down rest method and report back.

kico0103

Hello, I am new here and I have a question.

I drive golf 7 GTD, 2014, keyless, discoverpro nav and I have problems with convenience windows opening. Sometimes I can open them with key fob but most of the time no. In settings is set that all windows are opening. But the problem is that automatic rolling windows are not working for driver's or passenger window. And I set it by holding the window up and down for 5 seconds and it is working until I turn off the car and lock it. And then car forgets it and I have to set windows again. So I think that the main reason that convenience windows is not working is because automatic windows are not working. I tried with both keys and I changed the battery in key fob and still the same. The only thing I can think off is that battery is not good because sometimes when I turn on the car navigation shows speed limits of the country that I am in and sometimes music don't continue where it stopped.

Did anyone had similar problems?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Good info guys thanks. I had the same issue intermittent since the car was new (39000 now) and just chalked it up as a assembled in Mexico thing lol

acapvwgti

Ready to race!
Mine does this as well. I have an older mk7 too. I just hold it down, wait a second or so then hold it up and it works every time until it does it again.