GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

One-Stop Golf Speaker Upgrade Solution by Soumatrix

Soumatrix Speakers

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
Beetle A5, Tiguan
Every Golf shall have the freedom to turn the music all the way up without hearing a distortion. Soumatrix speaker is here to provide a drop-in speaker upgrade solution.

Calibrated for the Golf OE head unit, these speakers require no amplifier unit. Distortion is minimized by using only direct signals and chanting the purest form of your music. We are living in a time where HD music streaming service is reliable and accessible, Soumatrix speakers help you get more performance out of the high-quality audio signals. Driving as if surrounded by your favorite live performance is now in the reach of hand.

1-Xtase-FB.jpg

Soumatrix Speakers

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
Beetle A5, Tiguan
Will these work with the Helix Subwoofer/DSP upgrade?
By theories, yes. Soumatrix speaker kit for golf has a frequency range that goes from 65 - 22000 Hz. The Helix subwoofer can cover frequencies lower than 65 Hz, and you can bring the system whole together by playing with the DSP to find the sweet spot to connect these two departments.

That being said, we haven't tested this combo by ourselves. A review on this subject will surely be appreciated. DM if interested, we can come up with some incentives.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Nothing against your product, I'm sure it's of good quality, one problem lies in the limitations of the oem head unit. While it doesn't clip, it's volume isn't linear through the frequencies and i doubt it can produce 22khz regardless the speakers supplied. Even with factory speakers, there are many door panel vibrations that degrade the sonic experience. One does not simply drop in speakers and be done.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Nothing against your product, I'm sure it's of good quality, one problem lies in the limitations of the oem head unit. While it doesn't clip, it's volume isn't linear through the frequencies and i doubt it can produce 22khz regardless the speakers supplied. Even with factory speakers, there are many door panel vibrations that degrade the sonic experience. One does not simply drop in speakers and be done.
Do you have any measurements to back this up?

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
I measured 31 bands off the back of the mib2 unit with a cheap dmm at each detent of volume. I couldn't measure the highest frequencies accurately due to exceeding the Nyquist (sampling rate) limit of the device. Roughly 800 points of data showing the mib puts out a little over 9v. Using an oscope i saw no clipping on any freq. Bass caps out at about 25 on the knob, mids rise a little after 25. The chart i made is not a steady climb in value. I don't have the chart available, only my word at the moment.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Plus the soumatrix website is showing the mk7 gti upgrade as a 5.5 inch coax speaker. If the stock tweeters are still wired up, it's going to be awfully bright. At least for my taste.