\w/

Ready to race!

Attachments

• Old GTI.jpg
    Old GTI.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 916

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
My guess is you will be custom making it. In for pics when done will look pretty cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

josh.dsg

Ready to race!
I like this idea!!

\w/

Ready to race!
i haven't seen many modern cars with this. It's a great alternative to lowering the car IMO

josh.dsg

Ready to race!
i haven't seen many modern cars with this. It's a great alternative to lowering the car IMO

Or drop & with the lip, scrape the fuck out of it for the lolz.

Harder to justify the scraping if you have to fab it though.

josh.dsg

Ready to race!
i scraped my flaps on a speed bump the other day :mad::mad::mad:

NOOOO!!
Did it stress the screws?

There's one specific MOFO of a speed bump by my favorite coffee shop that claimed at least 2 pairs of mudflaps that I have seen. A black CLA45 had them ripped both completely off. She was comical to say the least.

The other pair was on this shark Miata that didn't have a front bumper. He didn't care lol.

\w/

Ready to race!
NOOOO!!
Did it stress the screws?

There's one specific MOFO of a speed bump by my favorite coffee shop that claimed at least 2 pairs of mudflaps that I have seen. A black CLA45 had them ripped both completely off. She was comical to say the least.

The other pair was on this shark Miata that didn't have a front bumper. He didn't care lol.

didnt stress the screws enough to cause any damage, but it made a thunder-like sound and vibrated the whole car. For a second i thought i was struck by lightning!

from then on, i drive over speed bumps at a painfully slow speed. :cool:

josh.dsg

Ready to race!
didnt stress the screws enough to cause any damage, but it made a thunder-like sound and vibrated the whole car. For a second i thought i was struck by lightning!

from then on, i drive over speed bumps at a painfully slow speed. :cool:

Lol yeah.. I DSG roll/Clutch control roll over speed bumps only. Bad ones, I'll swing over with my left wheel first, then swing back.

I learned my speed bump lesson by sacrificing a front bumper to the car gods.

josh.dsg

Ready to race!
how big was the speed bump / how low was your car / how fast were you going?

It was a brand new speed bump (didn't have all of the edge refinement or paint yet) so that was probably 60% of why it hurt so bad. I only saw the knocked down construction sign when i went back to grab my bumper.

The second main point was the fact i was doing probably 55ish in a 45.

3rd point was the obnoxiously low GLI lip I had on. The Jetta wasn't dropped at all, just the lip. Young & dumb. The lip caught the flat edge of the speed bump and split the top joins by the headlights. Then as it pulled off the top joins, the bottom of the lip got caught by the FWD and literally shredded all of the wheel well screws. RIP.