GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Old guy needs advice on wheels

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I can't speak for the OP, but buying a set of $2000 feather weight wheels as an easy upgrade from the factory wheels on a daily driven car MIGHT be a little over the top.
understandable. just wanted to give him some options other than the neuspeed. nothing against neuspeed at all.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Nothing wrong with hub-centric rings. Torque your bolts properly and the rings aren't actually doing a thing. Rings are only to simplify locating wheels on the hubs.

If "hub-centric" wheels were truly hub centric, they would fit so tight as to be a royal PITA to install or remove from the car.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
understandable. just wanted to give him some options other than the neuspeed. nothing against neuspeed at all.

Considering OP didn't know what offset is, chances are he doesn't know about other things like hub rings, lug bolt types and lengths, widths that may not fit, etc. Neuspeed takes all that out of the equation by selling you something that will 100% fit.

Personally I love Konig but those require different bolts and the correct width and offset and maybe hubcentric rings depending on if you believe those are needed or not.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
^this

And to be clear, any of the easy choices recommended isn't a knock to OP.

Working with a well known installer/retailer like Tire Rack that is going to include the correct bolts and hub rings if required, or buying wheels designed to fit just like the factory wheels is a smart choice no matter who you are.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
matching oe hub bore rare and often expensive. Tire Rack usually doesn't explicitly show it, but one can usually tell if they omit providing rings.

Some of their Rial wheels were matching hub bore. Same for Alutec, if they still carry. They always nag you to chat, so you can ask if it matters.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Honestly, google mk7 GTI aftermarket wheels and go to images.......or even peruse through the wheel thread on this forum....while Neuspeed wheels are lightweight and strong, I've never been a fan of them. I decided to give up my 18lb FAST FC04 wheels and go with 3SDM wheels because of how they looked. are they heavier? yes, but I'm not autoX'ing, dragging or tracking my car. Go for what you like and looks good.....

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
fitmentindustries.com also has a gallery where you could search by car, wheel size, etc.

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
I've used T
I've looked at the Tire Rack wheel options, but I'm not sure of the quality of their wheels. Do I have any reason to be concerned?

They have a huge selection of brands, so this concern seems over-broad to me. I have Tire Rack's private label Sport Edition wheels for winter use on my wife's Lexus and my previous BMW, no complaints. I have Axios wheels for winter in the GTI. No complaints so far. But the rest of the time I run Neuspeeds for the reasons mentioned above.