GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OK, I give up, where is the USB charge point?

badboybubby

Passed Driver's Ed
Just received my brand new 2.0 SE with standard infotainment system. I have a CD slot in the glove box with SD card slot and an IPod thing in the centre console but can find anywhere to charge my phone? Am I being really thick? Help ?

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Just received my brand new 2.0 SE with standard infotainment system. I have a CD slot in the glove box with SD card slot and an IPod thing in the centre console but can find anywhere to charge my phone? Am I being really thick? Help ?

Whats up with a 12v to usb adaptor? Cost less than £2 nowadays.

dipth

Ready to race!

Avanti

Go Kart Champion

Dipth that's the style I have along with a dedicated charging point in the centre console, however I think up front as per the OP, many have the MDI connector there, which I fear the OP will have to obtain the MDI to USB lead to charge his handset on the move or get a 12v-usb adaptor and use his current phone lead.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
If you have selected MDI port as an option you “lose” the AUX / USB outlets.

If you have “smoker set” the power outlet is in the centre console.

As Avanti write buy a MDI to USB cable, perhaps on e-bay. There are old treads in the matter on the forum.

/Peter

The problem here is the generic user manual, which covers all the items which can be fitted, but covers it with a disclaimer about different equipment levels etc. When I read the manual, before I had my car, I got the impression that there would be a USB point, but, as above, it only come with certain options.

Shame, it would be useful.

stevew09

Ready to race!
You could always go back to your dealer and ask them for the MDI to USB cable. I asked for one when I picked my car up and they just gave me it.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
I currently have an android phone and would like to connect this to my cars MDI.

Will this lead give me the same options as per an I phone? Artwork displayed when tracks are playing & full album/ track browsing on the screens display, including charging?

Thanks in advance,

Rappy..

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Think it will just charge the phone. I have the mdi USB lead from my mk6 and use that to charge my phone from the mdi socket as my phone also acts as my satnav. I went with an sd card for music/album art.