GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

oil top up?

lamer123

Passed Driver's Ed
is it normal for my car to burn oil at 10k km (last services is 5k km; next is 15k km on synthetic oil)?

i should just top it up right? since the oil check lights are on.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
you mean the engine oil dipstick min and max is just 1 litre difference?

Yes, perhaps even less…

Park the car on horizontal ground, otherwise you won’t know the level.

Top it up in portions, not more than 0,3 litre at a time and check dipstick, so you don’t over fill it. On warm engine let it flow down for a couple of minutes before dipstick check.

/Peter

lamer123

Passed Driver's Ed
yeah i just did it, it is indeed somewhere 1 litre difference, topped it up slowly a few times and now its on save level of the dipstick.

thanks for the advice rapport25 & The Swede. hope this thread help others who are wondering the same thing as i am.

enkil

Ready to race!
Surprising. My car did not consume oil at all. After 5000km did oil change. now at 12700 waiting for 15k service. Even tracked the car twice. Also no drop in oil level.

lamer123

Passed Driver's Ed
hmm not sure about my engine, i break it in quite nicely during first 1000km. probably the dealer did not top up the oil to full when they did oil servicing; i suspect. so i will have to check next time.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
yeah i just did it, it is indeed somewhere 1 litre difference, topped it up slowly a few times and now its on save level of the dipstick.

thanks for the advice rapport25 & The Swede. hope this thread help others who are wondering the same thing as i am.

No worries, sorry for the late reply. Yes I was talking about the dipstick.