GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Change to Pentosin HP

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
Hello all! This is my first topic post on Golfmk7 ... Was an active member on Golfmk6, and I thought I'd share my findings on changing the oil at 1000mi to Pentosin High Performance Synthetic.

Foremost, I'll say that the process is a lot simpler on the mk7... The plastic drain plug being the best improvement.

I found that the factory Castrol drained out looking kind of milky/murky... I was glad I changed it early just for peace of mind.

The improvements weren't really noticeable using an oil that is, in my opinion, worlds better than Castrol. Slightly smoother under hard acceleration, but that's about it.

This is just an fyi for everyone on the fence about ditching the factory oil.. I'm not an expert on motor oil, but I feel a lot better knowing there's a high quality product protecting my engine.. Not to mention the fact that it appeared contaminated.

Overall, I'd recommend doing it sooner rather than waiting for the manufacturer-recommended intervals.

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
Milky may not have been the best word choice... More so, it was cloudy... Wasn't black, but definitely at the stage where microparticles had begun to accumulate.