GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Change notification

s7wag

Ready to race!
Weirdly mine popped up today with the oil service indicator due in 4200 miles / 30 days having done just over 5000 miles in 9 months. I reset with VCDS for first anniversary when it's due in January...

Blharry

Passed Driver's Ed
Mines just hitting 13.5K and still showing 5k still oil change!

Jens0n

Go Kart Newbie
now 8k and 9 months old, showing oil change required in 800miles.
Reading above it's an error that needs resetting by dealer?

I don't have VCDS..

Thx
J

vwman

Go Kart Champion
now 8k and 9 months old, showing oil change required in 800miles.
Reading above it's an error that needs resetting by dealer?

I don't have VCDS..

Thx
J

I would think Blharry's car is set for the Longlife service regime (about 18,500 miles or two years depending on driving style/ journey lengths etc).

I suspect your car is set for the normal 10,000 miles or one year servicing.

As the car calculates servicing in kilometers yours appears correct.
15,000 kms equates to 9,300 miles so the readings you're getting, as an advance warning, are normal.

massbad69

Passed Driver's Ed
My GTD is 11 months old and has done 10k.

I got a service reminder letter through the door from the supplying dealer and as its got the 3 year service pack I booked it in and got it serviced.

I thought it was long life servicing but more than happy getting it yearly with no cost to me.

pipsyp

Ready to race!
It'll almost certainly be set to fixed servicing.

If you have a bundled 2/3 10k servicing package as part of the finance package or vehicle purchase then the dealer probably set it to fixed.

Is worth noting.....

The car converts the native KM service intervals (as their home market) to miles....so on fixed the car will always say it needs servicing around 9.4k miles or variable its upper limit is about 18.6k miles....or something like.

In the UK fixed interval is 10k miles....so when the warning goes off probably around the 9k mark you can wait until 10k miles before servcing even though the car says service due. Dealers are pretty good and do give some grace...I had one of my cars booked in for a service but then had to take a 600 mile round trip which put jit about 400 miles over by the time the service came. Dealer wasnt bothered and VWFS approved the payment still.

On variable you are best off waiting for it to tell you when it needs servicing even though you never really get the full 20k mile interval as specified in the schedule (as the car starts counting down at 18.6k or thereabouts).

I also have a Skoda Octavia which has just had its last free 10k mile service...its now flipped to variable as I hope not to have to service it again before we give it back/VT it.