GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil change at 4400 miles?

HawaiiGTI1

Ready to race!
Within the last two weeks I've received two notifications to check oil and it is reading that the oil is low. It is now bordering on the c level which according to the owners manual you must add oil.

I had the oil changed at 1000 miles(service guy looked at me crazy and repeatedly told me that i dont need an oil change until 10k) i still got it.

Anyone else experiencing a high oil consumption rate? What kind have others been using for oil changes or to top off with?

INSMk7GTI

Banned
Within the last two weeks I've received two notifications to check oil and it is reading that the oil is low. It is now bordering on the c level which according to the owners manual you must add oil.

I had the oil changed at 1000 miles(service guy looked at me crazy and repeatedly told me that i dont need an oil change until 10k) i still got it.

Anyone else experiencing a high oil consumption rate? What kind have others been using for oil changes or to top off with?

Add 1 qt of oil and monitor the oil level every week on warm engine at least 10 15 min after shut down.

Richard Mk7

Ready to race!
I had this on mine at a similar mileage.

Topped up, and changed the oil and filter at 10,000 through VW.

I always check my oil every week regardless on both of my cars. ;)

SHFT

Ready to race!
I had the oil changed at 1800 miles. I haven't had any low oil notifications, though on my 2.0T A4 oil consumption was pretty steady and I had to top up 1 quart every 3-4k miles.