GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Workout/Supplement Thread!

What do you guys look for in a preworkout?

• Pumps and Vasodilators

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Engery and Jitters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee is fine for me.

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
What do you guys look for in a pre-workout?

I am looking to start a supplement brand, looking to see what you all look for in a pre workout.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Story Time:

I've taken a number of supplements. I've taken Jack3D mixed with more dilators, I've taken almost every PWO supplement know to man. Its been intense. Nothing has given me a better feeling than Muscle Pharm Assault. I've stuck with that for the last 2 years.

With that being said, I've been PWO clean for a month now. Why? My cousin ruptured his heart taking PWO+Dilators and working out immediately. Since Caffeine is such a vasoconstrictor, it counters the increased pressure and flow of blood through the veins. If this pressure is too much, it'll tear vaso-tissue. Imagine squeezing your intercooler tubing at full peak boost.

He now has heart murmurs and had to have heart surgery to fix it. He will be fine, but the scare was enough for me quit all supplements. (Even protein, I get it from actual food sources now). He took low doses, too. I have an occasional 16oz coffee in the morning and workout in the afternoon, but nothing like drinking it before I work out.

YMMV, but its something to consider.

In fact, one of the best things you can drink (Minus empty calories) is a beer. Its straight carbs and a vasodilator!

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I don't take any before, during, or after suppliments. The closest thing would be making a peanut butter sandwhich out of 2 Honey Stinger waffles before a long endurance training session and Skratch Labs hydration mix in my water bottles during it.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I don't take any before, during, or after suppliments. The closest thing would be making a peanut butter sandwhich out of 2 Honey Stinger waffles before a long endurance training session and Skratch Labs hydration mix in my water bottles during it.

Oh man. Whole Wheat and Barley Waffles + Peanut Butter + Bananas = Amazing Power Sandwich. Love that stuff!!

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
I have been taking pre workouts and caffeine daily to keep me awake, I don't drink coffee or anything like that.

A buddy of mine and I are thinking about going into the supplement industry by creating our own line of products. We have a pretty solid business plan and got the OK from banks on loans and what no. We are just looking for the right insurance policy and a manufacture to make our products to our specs and package them.

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
I have been making my own pre-workout for a few months now and I honed in on what works for me.

Watermelon flavoring packet with 20g of sugar (per container)
3g of creatine monhydrate
2g of L-Arginine
25mg Yohimbe
150mg of Caffeine
100mg Niacin
2g of Beta Alanine

All of this fits roughly in a 7-8g scoop.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
I look for da pumps. I would say for me, a form of no explode with less caffeine would be something I would use.

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
It is an over saturated market, but its worth $24 billion dollars.

There are companies that come up over night that are in GNC and that stuff will sit on the shelves until an employee pushes the product.

Online a lot of people buy the new HOT products like JYM and what not. Once a company gets off the ground and expand they will be profitable. You just have to set your product apart from the rest.