Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI

Last edited:

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Looks amazing, especially from the front angle. Considering this for my new GTI.

Would you say this coat is easy to keep clean?

Last edited:

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Looks amazing, especially from the front angle. Considering this for my new GTI.

Would you say this coat is easy to keep clean?

I will have an answer for this in a few weeks. I think Silver is the best colour maintenance wise, shame that they got rid of it for the 2018 model year.

Frenchyfromfl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R DSG
Purchased mine yesteday, never thought I would ever owned a "white" car but I fell in love with the color at the dealership.
Next to it is my previous 2016 Night Blue S, was going to purchase a Night Blue again but I immediately changed my mind seeing the white silver

Last edited:

ATAR1

Keep the pics coming. This is one of the colors on my shortlist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Purchased mine yesteday, never thought I would ever owned a "white" car but I fell in love with the color at the dealership.
Next to it is my previous 2016 Night Blue S, was going to purchase a Night Blue again but I immediately changed my mind seeing the white silver

Your pictures didn't work, can you upload them elsewhere?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
IMO, its one of those colours that looks great in bright light (I really like it in blaqsheep’s pictures at post #3 in this discussion thread) but in dull lighting conditions, it looks as if VW forgot to paint it and just left it in it’s primer coat.

it should hide the dirt reasonably well though, and won’t show swirl marks like a dark colour would either.

monchhichi1998hk

Passed Driver's Ed
IMO, its one of those colours that looks great in bright light (I really like it in blaqsheep’s pictures at post #3 in this discussion thread) but in dull lighting conditions, it looks as if VW forgot to paint it and just left it in it’s primer coat.

it should hide the dirt reasonably well though, and won’t show swirl marks like a dark colour would either.

I feel like my car changes colour according to the weather.(or when it's parked beside different cars)

On sunny days, it's just regular gray-ish colour
It looks blue under the rain
It looks silver when parking beside a white car
It looks white when parking beside a silver car

This colour is just hard the explain, but so far I really like the metallic texture. (Well I know the maintenance cost will be higher with this)
Thanks to the dealership that has no white colour in stock, white silver is a great colour.

AsheToo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 GTI Autobahn
Upon request to add to this thread: I was about to hunker down and wait for the MK7.5 Golf R but decided I'd rather have a GTI. So here's my week old 2018 GTI Autobahn DSG in White Silver (looks less blue IRL) with silver 17x8 Neuspeed RSe16 shod with Goodyear Eagle Sport all seasons in 245/45-17 95W. I ordered the factory center caps (VW part #: 3B7 601 171) and used OEM lug bolts and lug caps. Selling the OEM 18" Dallas wheels with tires (296 miles, pristine) if anyone in the Charlotte area is interested ($1,000 for wheels and tires). I am diggin' this car a lot. I had a MK5 GTI (2008) with DSG, and this car is a much nicer ride in every way. It's too early to tell, but it might rival my 2004 BMW 330i ZHP for favorite car honors. MSRP was $37,440, and I paid $34,000. If I'd bought an R, it would have cost $8,000 more. And this was $12,000 less than my ZHP. Not bad VW, not bad at all.

Last edited: