GOLFMKV

Official White Silver Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

oaksandnix

No photos are going to do the color justice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ggweci

Go Kart Newbie
^
Looks great Timmy. Those are one of my front runners for wheels as well. That’s the gun metal colour right?

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
^
Looks great Timmy. Those are one of my front runners for wheels as well. That’s the gun metal colour right?
Thanks! Yes matte gunmetal. I felt the gunmetal was a nice contrast with the white silver while still showcasing the wheel a bit, unlike the matte black option where you kind of lose some of the details.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ggweci

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks! Yes matte gunmetal. I felt the gunmetal was a nice contrast with the white silver while still showcasing the wheel a bit, unlike the matte black option where you kind of lose some of the details.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That’s exactly my thinking. I like the OEM Pretoria design on my Rabbit, but the details of the wheel do get lost unless directly in the sun.

SAPGTI

Ready to race!
I'm so torn on wheel color with this color. Been going back and forth. I'm usually a traditional silver wheel guy, but I think the contrast of a darker wheel looks better with the White Silver. Probably end up giving black a shot even though I think the wheels tend to disappear. I'll sell them if I hate them. I'm so torn.... haha

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
i'm right there with you, not sure on the color of wheels. I like the Neuspeed RSe11R and I think gunmetal is the color best suited to white/silver

SAPGTI

Ready to race!
Settled on some gunmetal wheels. I like the subtle difference between the car and wheels. They look a little darker in person unless in bright, direct sunlight.

Need a light tint to pull things together and then I think I'm happy with how it looks.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
^givin it!

love this color. it definately looks flat in the right lighting, white in others, silver in others... super cool.

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
Looks like I can move over from the urano grey post to here

2019 autobahn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

summ3rt33th

Recently I totaled my pure white 2017 SE (don't ask) and with the insurance money I reluctantly
replaced it with a white silver metallic 2018 SE (needed a car; couldn't afford a new one).

One month later and I'm reluctant no longer!
The pure white still looks nice, I guess, but every time I hop in, the new white silver metallic
looks better and better, even to the point that I now I find pure white almost too stark or
something.