KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Really like this colour, looks great when washed and polished and hides the dirt well as a bonus

It can only hide a certain amount of dirt....:D

194miles on the great A939, A93 etc roads earlier this week...:eek:

Attachments

• dirty.jpg
    dirty.jpg
    552.7 KB · Views: 1,905

Jon2

Ready to race!
It can only hide a certain amount of dirt....:D

194miles on the great A939, A93 etc roads earlier this week...:eek:

Just used Street View to check out the A939. I've earmarked it for a future Grand Tour. :)

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
thought this was funny

ABK / BPK

Now is that other car owned by someone you know or was it a case of driving into the car park & seeing it & thinking "got to park next to that & get a pic"...:D

Been there done that...:eek:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Just thought I'd put this out there...

Colour looks flat in some lights but get the light at a certain angle & boy do you get glare!!! :cool:

Attachments

• May-2017.jpg
    May-2017.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 1,228

Ritchie2

Great Pic Dave, Where is it? I recognise Duffus Castle in one of your other pics so I assume you are near me?

Got a Tungsten GTI on the way on the next few weeks so your pictures have been really helpful.

On July 11, I am taking delivery of a TSM Golf Highline after much paperwork and discussion with a local dealer. I am driving, and have enjoyed a 2011 TDI Golf Wagon -mudflapped and winterized. It is being swapped for the new one with a cash payout and market valued trade. I must not exceed 2000 km driving before the 11th or the paperwork and negotiation have to be redone. It wasn't my (wife's) first colour choice, but I really like it now that I have seen a few more. Sorry: no picture yet. Any suggestions as to simple adds?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
It wasn't my (wife's) first colour choice, but I really like it now that I have seen a few more. Sorry: no picture yet. Any suggestions as to simple adds?

Easy, just click on the link in my signature...How to guides...should keep you busy for a wee while...:cool:

Ok; thanks for the informative guide. My Highline is equipped with all factory packaged options available here: 1.8 TFSI, automatic (for my wife!), leather, sunroof, keyless, adaptive cruise, lighting package with bi-xenon, forward collision system, rain-sensing wipers, mandatory rear camera, Fender stereo system with subwoofer, 18 inch wheels, cross-traffic alert, parking assist, lane-keeping tech, and a bunch of other stuff I probably left out. I really enjoyed the TDI wagon, but I think the sedan will be pretty useful for our current (retired!) situation.. I am thinking of having some kind of paint protection done, but some posts seem to favour high quality waxes. I also cannot use KROWN rust control here as it invalidates the 12 year rust-through warranty from VW Canada. I found that out after 5 years of KROWN applications, but it didn't have rust anywhere.

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
any of you sick bastards who have a 3 door and are interested in Official VW OEM color matched tungsten silver door gaurds............. I got a set for ya.

thanks,

Paul