GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Tornado Red GTI / Golf Thread

Duchess

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI Mk 7.5
What wax did you use?
I got a bottle of Chemical Guys' Butter Wet Wax from a friend & tried it out with this wash. Came out pretty nice imo, but I'm gonna try the Turtle Wax Ceramic Wet Wax at the next wash to compare.

Hubs

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
In my 2017 at a recent autocross.
GTI_AX3_2.jpg

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
A little over a year ago I traded in my GTI to dip into the world of V8s. They said I'd be back.

They were right. The grass isn't always greener, and I found that I missed the personality this car had (as well as all the practical benefits of a hatch).

Just picked up this 2020 SE with 11 miles on the odometer today, and for a damn good price. Feels like coming back to an old friend.

Merry &^#@ing Christmas to me!

Attachments

• 20201219_110826.jpg
    20201219_110826.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 171

eajr

Go Kart Champion
A little over a year ago I traded in my GTI to dip into the world of V8s. They said I'd be back.

They were right. The grass isn't always greener, and I found that I missed the personality this car had (as well as all the practical benefits of a hatch).

Just picked up this 2020 SE with 11 miles on the odometer today, and for a damn good price. Feels like coming back to an old friend.

Merry &^#@ing Christmas to me!
Congratulations! I was in the same boat.....I bought my Mk7 brand new and paid it off. Then was thinking I would never ever get rid of it. And I ended up trading it in....for a 2019 Mk7.5:LOL:

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
Congratulations! I was in the same boat.....I bought my Mk7 brand new and paid it off. Then was thinking I would never ever get rid of it. And I ended up trading it in....for a 2019 Mk7.5:LOL:

Some lessons are learned the hard way. However, I am fortunate that the only painful part was some loss of equity. I thoroughly enjoyed the Scat Pack; Dodge makes a beast of a car. Its just too much for a daily, and for just being me. The thing is a drought on wheels if gas is water. I think I needed to see that side for myself to realize it wasn't for me, and to remember why I loved my 3 GTI's before it so much. :D

Genebaby

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
Nice, welcome back to a great car and a great colour. My daily used to be a red Ford Falcon XR8 (Australian car), which I did love, so I still have it. I love my GTI so I figure it will be around for a while!!

Especially as things don't look so bright in VW future interiors so I wouldn't want a Mk8 at all, I'll hang on to this good looking and driving beast, and eventually do some mods.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
The thing is I think I needed to see that side for myself to realize it wasn't for me, and to remember why I loved my 3 GTI's before it so much. :D

I think I would be in the same situation. I plan on keeping my Gti and getting back into a truck or some kind of 4x4/awd

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Some lessons are learned the hard way. However, I am fortunate that the only painful part was some loss of equity. I thoroughly enjoyed the Scat Pack; Dodge makes a beast of a car. Its just too much for a daily, and for just being me. The thing is a drought on wheels if gas is water. I think I needed to see that side for myself to realize it wasn't for me, and to remember why I loved my 3 GTI's before it so much. :D
I paid off my Mk7 very early this year; then COVID hit.....and my local dealer had some huge discounts on their entire inventory. So I took advantage and scored one of the last 19's around here. Can't beat Tornado Red!(y)

vw83

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2021 GTI 6-speed
My new GTI was delivered last month. Gave it the first proper wash two weeks ago now. Since then she's had the windows tinted and OEM R tail lights installed.View attachment 182095View attachment 182096
This is a beautiful photo! I'm looking into a 2021 GTI and I was all set to get the Tornado Red when I saw the Cornflower Blue. Both are amazing. Two questions for you...1. Do you ever get tired of the red? It's a strong color and I'm worried I might regret it later, 2. Those wheels are amazing!!! What is the name of those wheels? Are the OEM VW Wheels or aftermarket. Please tell me!!