GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Tornado Red GTI / Golf Thread

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
What if I just leave it like it is? Will it cause problems?
We will never let you forget it's there until you FIX IT! It will possibly spread from the looks of it - or show up in other areas of the bumper if it indeed was repainted poorly at some point. The only problem is it looks "bad" if you are concerned about that. Otherwise you could consider it a beauty mark.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
View attachment 175143

Sorry guys not a very attractive picture, and bit of a noob here 😂 I'm thinking about buying this MK7 in red. As you can hopefully see the lacquer in this area has peeled away quite a lot. To be honest it doesn't bother me that much, but do you think it'll get much worse and about how much would it be to fix?
You may be able to cover it with a Bumperdillo.

Just pick up one for the appropriate year. https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen__/Bumperdillo-Protection-Plate/73184652/17A061195BA7W.html

HoyaDub

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI Autobahn
InkedIMG_20200608_114915_LI.jpg

Here's mine post lowering springs and a bath, trying to go for a clean, simple look.

NewYorkerInLA

Car(s)
MK7 GTI PP
Been reading the forums for a while but only just registered.

New Enkei Phantom wheels (18x8 et45) to replace my old BBS SR. Maxton spoiler in the back and Lamin-X film on fogs.

The mirror covers are "black chrome" covers from ebay. They're actual covers with tabs just like OEM, not stick-on. Just wanted something darker than VW silver caps but still have that metallic look.

IMG_5437.jpg

AR11

Ready to race!
When the light is so nice that your car miraculously looks clean. This is my “fake stock” suspension setup on coil overs and all the good stuff. +15mm on the wheels.

E86D1525-DCB0-4F57-90E9-24E4C0376071.jpeg