GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Tinted windows thread.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion

GTI-Jay

Ready to race!
Llumar Ceramic 15% all round. Car came from the dealer pre-installed with Llumar 15% rears and 35% fronts (keeping it legal) & it was actually hard to tell the difference on a black car. I had 15% all round on my previous gti and last two cars and i honestly thought did they messed up and put 15% all round at first. Anyway once i confirmed it was 35% front, i had them removed and put 15% on there instead. Despite being illegal i've never had any trouble with the law in all my previous 15% all rounders, so that gave me the extra incentive to get the fronts the same as the rears.

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
I’m currently calling shops to tint my car. All the shops seem to carry global tint. There is one shop that uses Llamar. If cost is the same for install, which should I go for? Probably will get ceramic, thanks!

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
I’m currently calling shops to tint my car. All the shops seem to carry global tint. There is one shop that uses Llamar. If cost is the same for install, which should I go for? Probably will get ceramic, thanks!
I'd go with Llumar. Never heard of Global.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
+1 on Llumar

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
Funny thing is, the people using llumar is actually cheaper but they are farther away from me.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Go Llumar or Pinnacle.

Reactions: ATR

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
If you're going to keep the car for a while, get ceramic. Higher upfront cost, but better heat rejection properties even at lighter tint percentages.

Reactions: ATR

peeta

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
If you're planning on keeping your car forever (like me), I'd invest in nano-ceramic tint. It's just a bit more expensive than the regular ceramic but even better.