GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

***** Official Southern California Spotted Thread *****

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
I used to see MK7's all the time, daily and sometimes I would post up here. Never got a response to when I've posted up and never had anyone spot me. Oh well. The last 6 months I've only really driven the GTI here and there due to acquiring my E46 daily; not because of the Covids. I still go to the office 3-4 days a week. I have a Neuspeed front plate frame and a Fifteen52 on the rear of the white E46 so if you see me between Moorpark and Malibu...

Attachments

• 39099C72-018B-47F1-8BD8-F0A0B7CBA995.jpeg
    39099C72-018B-47F1-8BD8-F0A0B7CBA995.jpeg
    501.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 41B5C95C-5F47-4F29-A3F2-481AF4805251.jpeg
    41B5C95C-5F47-4F29-A3F2-481AF4805251.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 112

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I used to see MK7's all the time, daily and sometimes I would post up here. Never got a response to when I've posted up and never had anyone spot me. Oh well. The last 6 months I've only really driven the GTI here and there due to acquiring my E46 daily; not because of the Covids. I still go to the office 3-4 days a week. I have a Neuspeed front plate frame and a Fifteen52 on the rear of the white E46 so if you see me between Moorpark and Malibu...

how was it spec'd out? wouldn't mind an e46 zhp myself. too bad everything is just way too expensive now.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
white mk7 oettinger spoiler orangefair marketplace in front of coldstone/blaze pizza last night.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
Saw another Lapiz blue R w/ bronze Rse103(?) parked in front of Havana House on Main St in Alhambra around lunch. And was behind a white mk7 w/ red stripe heading south on Atlantic to the 10West this morning as well.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
funny to see this thread alive after 1.5 years of inactivity. oddly enough, an older gentleman in the same night blue mk7 gti pulled up next to me to tell my my gas cap was open. 🤦‍♂️

arres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW MK7 Golf R
If you see a blue MK7 R in San Diego area with CT plates, that’s me!

I really need to get CA registration/license. CT has CA beat, at least with the R, when it comes to taxes.

anyone have the black vanity plate? I don’t want a vanity message, but I love how that plate would look against the blue.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
Preferred the vintage black plates, works well on darker colored vehicles IMO. For some, it's not enough to pay the extra $40/yr in fees.

arres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW MK7 Golf R
Preferred the vintage black plates, works well on darker colored vehicles IMO. For some, it's not enough to pay the extra $40/yr in fees.
Yeah those are what I meant. Well another 40/year on top of, what, $300 isn’t bad.

One place where CT is more expensive than CA is property taxes on autos. It’s based on a mill rate which each town has, and factors in the value is your car.

I was laying $700/year on that, and $80/2 years on registration.

Last edited:

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4mo 6MT
Talked to an owner of a black MK7 golf R with splash guards the other day while in traffic on the 405 N. Got off on Ventura going east and got a wave from a gray MK7 GTI with a rear spoiler. You guys sure are friendly out here.