GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Pure White GTI / Golf Thread

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Reason why I'm asking is because I currently have a tornado red GTI and am looking into getting into a white one now. Never had a white car before. I don't live in the Salt belt but I live in Chicago and the streets and sanitation trucks DUMP salt out here in the winter.
oh for sure whites better than red for the reasons you list. it doesn't THANK you as much when its perfectly polished unlike a nice glossy red, but the red shows salt and scratches much more. But white will show some surface dirt more than the red.

I had a red truck, living in chicago area. Prefer white. If you really wanna hide it all, get silver

eajr

Go Kart Champion
oh for sure whites better than red for the reasons you list. it doesn't THANK you as much when its perfectly polished unlike a nice glossy red, but the red shows salt and scratches much more. But white will show some surface dirt more than the red.

I had a red truck, living in chicago area. Prefer white. If you really wanna hide it all, get silver
An ex of mine had a silver Sebring and it still looked like new after 10 years of ownership, so I know what you mean. I'm leaning towards white because I'm getting older now and don't really want that screaming red lol. White is more sophisticated, imo.

Petey T

Go Kart Champion
Looks great! Love the carport (?) and also those tips. What are those? Please share some more pics if you can.
Thanks!

Thanks! Those are the JST139 4" tips onto the stock catback. I have a catless downpipe and love the sound so I added the tips. Had my buddy cut the old ones and weld the new ones on.

image1 (13).jpeg
image2 (17).jpeg
image0 (12).jpeg

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
An ex of mine had a silver Sebring and it still looked like new after 10 years of ownership, so I know what you mean. I'm leaning towards white because I'm getting older now and don't really want that screaming red lol. White is more sophisticated, imo.
White is the hardest paint, it's colored with titanium. It takes a little more work, and generally more aggressive pads and/or polishes to correct, but once it's corrected, it's a good bit more durable than black or red, two of the softest paints. I absolutely loved my red car, but owned it when I had lots of time for detailing. Now that I have a kid, white has been ideal. Now if I could just get the wife into something silver instead of dark blue...

eajr

Go Kart Champion
White is the hardest paint, it's colored with titanium. It takes a little more work, and generally more aggressive pads and/or polishes to correct, but once it's corrected, it's a good bit more durable than black or red, two of the softest paints. I absolutely loved my red car, but owned it when I had lots of time for detailing. Now that I have a kid, white has been ideal. Now if I could just get the wife into something silver instead of dark blue...
At least she doesn't want black...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Wow those tips are pretty much perfect i might have to copycat that!

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Went for a long drive up to the lakes in Northern BC, even went for some light "soft roading". The more I drive this car the more I love it.

20200712_185319.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Ecs tips
20200613_193542.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Where did you find that badge, riceburner?
I need me one of those!
Ebay or amazon has the black/red physical badges. The white jnlay from klii or kili or whatever that vendor is