Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
20200513_185657.jpg
20200509_120009.jpg

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
How hard is it to keep white clean?
White generally looks cleaner than most colors from far away I think. When you get closer you obviously can see the dirt pretty clearly.
Of all the cars I have had I would rank them from best to worst at hiding dirt:
1. Light gray / silver
2. Dark gray
3. White
4. Metallic Blue
1097. Black... looks amazing after a detail but far and away the worst to keep looking clean.

Ps. I know there have been some “arguments” over this topic in the past. Not looking to start that here and hijack the thread. He asked a question and I answered IMO.

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Whats been bothering me about my stripes, is that they get soaked behind the doors every time it rains. and eventually, those edges will start coming off. I have a video of my install, showing how I wrapped it around the door edges. Its not that clean and bunches up, so I think it won't last forever.. But I do love stripes on white GTI's.. I lived in California most of my life, and now Virginia, but I was born in Dublin.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Whats been bothering me about my stripes, is that they get soaked behind the doors every time it rains. and eventually, those edges will start coming off. I have a video of my install, showing how I wrapped it around the door edges. Its not that clean and bunches up, so I think it won't last forever.. But I do love stripes on white GTI's.. I lived in California most of my life, and now Virginia, but I was born in Dublin.

Do you have a link for your install?

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
The problem with white, is if you live in the salt belt you get the orange specs after every winter. So keeping those in control by iron-x mid winter and then after winter another round of iron-x followed by a clay bar session.
But for the most part, white is easy to keep clean.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
it does hide scratches pretty well also; yes as long as you keep the little orange surface rust spots off/regularly clay & detail it looks nice and white for a long time. However after just a few drives the whole rear hatch gets so dusty so after ANY amount of rain it looks super dirty/ But that will go for any GTI

eajr

Go Kart Champion
it does hide scratches pretty well also; yes as long as you keep the little orange surface rust spots off/regularly clay & detail it looks nice and white for a long time. However after just a few drives the whole rear hatch gets so dusty so after ANY amount of rain it looks super dirty/ But that will go for any GTI
Reason why I'm asking is because I currently have a tornado red GTI and am looking into getting into a white one now. Never had a white car before. I don't live in the Salt belt but I live in Chicago and the streets and sanitation trucks DUMP salt out here in the winter.

Petey T

Go Kart Champion
Got a new camera lens and took a test shot the other night. Not bad.... Need to install my Aerofabb rear spoiler that I've had for a month now lol
99160501_257953922068947_5575745596142125056_n.jpg

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Got a new camera lens and took a test shot the other night. Not bad.... Need to install my Aerofabb rear spoiler that I've had for a month now lolView attachment 175802
Looks great! Love the carport (?) and also those tips. What are those? Please share some more pics if you can.
Thanks!