GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Oryx White Pearl Golf R Thread

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Yup. I did it alone. Used a jack to hold it in place in the center and used self tapping screws with washers. It's solid. The front bumper will come off before the lip does.

ggweci

Go Kart Newbie
Yup. I did it alone. Used a jack to hold it in place in the center and used self tapping screws with washers. It's solid. The front bumper will come off before the lip does.

Nice. So installed it with the bumper still on? That’s something I would consider - don’t really want to remove everything.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
I did the same with their v1 lip I had on my mk7 gti. Self tapping screws and washers, properly spaced and located. Zero issues. Plus easy to take off for the winter months... At least where I am.

20190810_093430.jpg

ggweci

Go Kart Newbie
I did the same with their v1 lip I had on my mk7 gti. Self tapping screws and washers, properly spaced and located. Zero issues. Plus easy to take off for the winter months... At least where I am.

Looks equally as good! So, you used your own hardware then? And chose your own mounting points for the screws?

I'm in Canada too (Toronto area), so I can relate. Although you would probably laugh at what we consider a snowfall ;)

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Follow their install guide, it tells you where you should put the screws. Once the lip is lined up, it takes maybe 5 mins to secure it.

RToy

Car(s)
2016 Golf R St2
As much as I really don't like black wheels (played out, hides a lot of the wheel detail, gets dirty easily, etc), they look awesome on white R's with the piano black trim parts.
Newbie to group here...

Was just looking for wheel colour advice on my R and ended up here!

My R is shortly to get it's first track outing (a key reason for me buying it 6 months ago but help up because... well, you know....

It's a 2017 3 door R in Oryx on black19" Prets (and yes, pano roof) and a few other bits, most of which I have to admit were on it when I acquired, and I love the overall white/black look It's stage 2 and puts out around 405bhp. Other than the St2 mods most others were cosmetic. I've just added a Sparta 6 pot BBK, Racingline catch can, rear ARB and upgraded pads and fluids.

I have sourced a set of AEZ 18" wheels that I plan on getting shod with Nankang AR-1 semi-slicks before the track day in early July.

So, question is..... whether to get the AEZ wheels painted gloss black or leave silver. I know it's entirely a personal choice thing of course, just wondered what peoples thoughts would be. I attach a couple of pics showing the car as I bought it, the wheels and the black prets with the BBK.
Foucs Grey ST (24 of 39).jpg
Foucs Grey ST (34 of 39).jpg
Foucs Grey ST (34 of 39).jpg
AEZ Crest.jpg
bbk1.JPG

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R