GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official MK7 Maintenance Schedule + VAG Oil Specs ERWIN direct links

Snitt

Ready to race!
I own a 2015 GTI, recently the yellow check engine light turned on. The code P2185 appeared, 'Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit High.'

I was advised to purchase a sensor:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine.../coolant-temperature-sensor-2-pin/079919523b/

I need your help desperately, I have no idea where the sensor is located in the car... please help

Make sure the engine is cold, then look down by your serpentine belt.

https://imgur.com/a/zKcqlYl

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
What? Thought those are “replace when they fial” sort of parts...

some companies provided a recommended change interval. Like Ford recommends 80k on the O2 sensors for the ST. A lot of people just run them till they fail.

flogR

Ready to race!
I stumbled upon this PDF on the VW Partner Program website. I hadn't seen it posted anywhere previously but it is the official maintenance schedule for MK7.

Direct link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynawu6w2kbnvmkq/2016 Maintenance Cards_USA_GTI__2.0T_August 2015.pdf?dl=0

I am also going to post the latest VW oil Compatibility Chart here since the poster of the oil thread isn't really active here anymore: https://www.dropbox.com/s/12mkj37y1124p5a/1997-2018_VW_Approved_Oil.pdf?dl=0

EDIT: It is important to note that for performance pack cars with the VAQ LSD, the service interval for your diff fluid is every 3 years/30k

Also attached here:
Brilliant and thanks for this. Amazed it wasn't supplied with our new car.
I read it and did not see that coolant should only be checked but not replaced?
If true, that is a relief as I read it takes 4 hours with pumps needing to be activated in a particular sequence via computer i.e. it is hardly a d.i.y. job.
Our previous car (Toyota GTS 86) had a seven-year coolant which made me happy.

mynewfast

When should we have the first service - 10k miles? Somehow I thought the first service interval was a bit sooner than that.

Also, which oil do they recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audi Junkie

Passed Driver's Ed
Brake fluid at 3yr first then 2yr is interesting. It confirms my thoughts that the new fluid doesn't have any corrosion to deal with, so should last longer. imo, this is subject to dry or wet climate. In Vegas, I would go 4 yr, 2 yr is the most aggressive schedule.

I don't see any mention of coolant flush. 5yr to 7yr is normal for Dexcool, which is identical to G-12. Again, the first change could be delayed, but subsequent changes more timely.

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT
Is there a manual posted anywhere?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
No but you can subscribe to Erwin for a fay at $35 and download it and the various sections of shop manual plus tsbs too.

or order in hard copy at $75 from dealer or VW Partners website

vdub761

Go Kart Newbie
Brake fluid at 3yr first then 2yr is interesting. It confirms my thoughts that the new fluid doesn't have any corrosion to deal with, so should last longer. imo, this is subject to dry or wet climate. In Vegas, I would go 4 yr, 2 yr is the most aggressive schedule.

I don't see any mention of coolant flush. 5yr to 7yr is normal for Dexcool, which is identical to G-12. Again, the first change could be delayed, but subsequent changes more timely.
New Owner of a 2021 GTI and this Supplement was included for brake service.
20210326_081237_HDR.jpg

RobertJG25

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf 1.4 TSI
New Owner of a 2021 GTI and this Supplement was included for brake service.View attachment 207778
Interesting. I recently bought a tool from Amazon that measures the water content in brake fluid, and after 2 years exactly mine only read 1%. I usually follow maintenance schedules blindly or replace things even sooner but this seems overkill if your fluid doesn't have a higher water %. I think I've read that 3% or over its time to change

That being said, it's up for debate how accurate a $40-$50 tool like this actually is :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: I was just thinking, maybe I'm only at 1% because I barely drove from March 2020 to April 2021 when I checked? Less brake heat and engine heat would have probably kept it lower

Last edited: