Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn

Bernb6

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Sonoma in the wet!
Excellent instruction by Robert of Sears Point Racing. My little GTI was fastest of GT3, GT4, 911, Camero, M3.
See additional videos of Robert driving my car for more guidance on wet line.

Track name: Sonoma Raceway
Track location: Sears Point, CA
Lap time: 1:34
Year/model: 2017 GTI
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3200
Estimated wheel horsepower: 295
Fuel: 91
Tire size and model: 245/40/18 Hankook RS4
Estimated ambient temperature: 70F
Notes on setup : 034 Stage 2, DSG tune, 034 RWB, camber plates, dogbone, Stoptech BBK & R29 yellow pads

Waltari

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Sonoma in the wet!
Excellent instruction by Robert of Sears Point Racing. My little GTI was fastest of GT3, GT4, 911, Camero, M3.
See additional videos of Robert driving my car for more guidance on wet line.

Track name: Sonoma Raceway
Track location: Sears Point, CA
Lap time: 1:34
Year/model: 2017 GTI
Estimated wheel horsepower: 295
Tire size and model: 245/40/18 Hankook RS4
Estimated ambient temperature: 70F
Notes on setup : 034 Stage 2, DSG tune, 034 RWB, camber plates, dogbone, Stoptech BBK & R29 yellow pads
While I'm used to rain the PNW, I much prefer the track to be dry ;) I'm a bit jealous of you all with longer tracks and elevation changes. My home track is Portland International Raceway and we're about 1.95 miles with the chicane (and all flat). I'm a little confused on your lap time. Post says 1:34 but the video best looks more like 2:34. Looks like fun in any case.

Bernb6

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
While I'm used to rain the PNW, I much prefer the track to be dry ;) I'm a bit jealous of you all with longer tracks and elevation changes. My home track is Portland International Raceway and we're about 1.95 miles with the chicane (and all flat). I'm a little confused on your lap time. Post says 1:34 but the video best looks more like 2:34. Looks like fun in any case.
Waltari, thanks, correction made. 2:37 in this video, 2:34 in another session.
Bern

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Track name: Thunderhill East (bypass)
Track location: Willows, CA
Lap time: 2:04:03
Year/model: 2017 GTI S (non-pp)
Estimated wheel horsepower: 330
Tire size and model: 245/40/17 Hankook RS4
Estimated ambient temperature: 50F
Notes on setup : EQT Stage 2, Stoptech ST60 w/ Pagid RSL29, EQT coilovers 8k/5k, 2.5/2.0 camber, 0 toe all around. First time running EQT tune, was overdriving the car a bit (not used to this much powwaaaaa!)

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
Track name: Thunderhill East (bypass)
Track location: Willows, CA
Lap time: 2:04:03
Year/model: 2017 GTI S (non-pp)
Estimated wheel horsepower: 330
Tire size and model: 245/40/17 Hankook RS4
Estimated ambient temperature: 50F
Notes on setup : EQT Stage 2, Stoptech ST60 w/ Pagid RSL29, EQT coilovers 8k/5k, 2.5/2.0 camber, 0 toe all around. First time running EQT tune, was overdriving the car a bit (not used to this much powwaaaaa!)

How'd you like the brakes first time out on track?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
How'd you like the brakes first time out on track?
I was very happy with them, no issues to report. The pedal is a tiny bit softer than my Macan setup, but I don't want to render a verdict on that until I rebleed this setup. The bigger test will be next week at Laguna which is much harder on brakes. Absolutely zero loss of performance yesterday though. I quickly peeked at the pads at the end of the day and the wear seemed minimal, which I hope remains the case as these pads cost $460 lol.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Thought this group would appreciate this one.

FB_IMG_1642444307761.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I was very happy with them, no issues to report. The pedal is a tiny bit softer than my Macan setup, but I don't want to render a verdict on that until I rebleed this setup. The bigger test will be next week at Laguna which is much harder on brakes. Absolutely zero loss of performance yesterday though. I quickly peeked at the pads at the end of the day and the wear seemed minimal, which I hope remains the case as these pads cost $460 lol.

I can't remember if you said you were having fade with the Macans?

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Pagid RSL29’s are great pads. Kind to the rotors and the have really good life.

I want to get some insight on you EQT tune. Did you go custom? Or canned tune?

How stable is the car under braking with zero rear toe?
And what rear bar are you running?
Im considering zero rear toe as long as the rear remains predictable and has progressive slip. But I also do not want the rear to be unstable under braking.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Pagid RSL29’s are great pads. Kind to the rotors and the have really good life.

I want to get some insight on you EQT tune. Did you go custom? Or canned tune?

How stable is the car under braking with zero rear toe?
And what rear bar are you running?
Im considering zero rear toe as long as the rear remains predictable and has progressive slip. But I also do not want the rear to be unstable under braking.

I am running the OTS 91 octane stage 2 tune. I am very happy with it so far. I was hitting an indicated 127mph down the front straight at Thunderhill compared to 118 with my JB4 tune. The oil temps rose slower and cooled faster than with the JB4 as well, which really pleased me.

The car is pretty loose with zero toe. Not so much under braking itself but when coming off the brake pedal. In the first session of the day I came off the pedal a little quick braking into T1 and the rear tried to really come around on me. After the first session I just left ESC in sport because the car was a lot looser than I anticipated. Throughout the day I was having to make a ton of steering corrections, much more so than before. I will probably go back to 1/32nd per side on my next alignment. I am running a 25mm Eibach RSB. If you feel you need more rotation coming off throttle it may be a good change. I did it to see if it would help with tire wear (TBD) but definitely didn't need the extra rotation it gave me.