GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Official" Lap Times Thread

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
It was Sunday with Extremespeed
That’s what I meant. Interesting line on the “carousel” part, I’ll have to try the low line next time I'm there.

What’s the next day you’re planning on going out? I’m planning on Buttonwillow on Dec 1.

grembal

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'08 Rabbit, '99 MX5
I think I can find more time by taking carousel the normal way, im just too used to taking the low line for some reason. I think im slowing down too much going into skidpad as well, hopefully I can find a second improving that last sector, the chicane and the left hander after it always gives me the willies though :LOL:.

I may be doing Buttonwillow on Dec 10th with Turn8, though im not 100% sure yet. You're going on the 1st with Speed District yeah? I wish I could go to more of their events

icin235

Passed Driver's Ed
Did Streets of Willow CW this past Sunday. I am no match for icin in his R, but his lap helped me out a lot in finding some time. Lopped off nearly 5s from my previous PB on this configuration, though it was set in a different car (Fiesta ST on NT01s) a couple years ago. I'm sure the newly repaved track surface contributed to it too as many other drivers that day were smashing their times. Hoping to get down to a low 27 or high 26 next time out

That's a solid time in a GTI (y)
Hopefully I see you out there one of these days.
I might be out at Streets again with Extreme Speed on December 4th. Otherwise Speedventures the following weekend.

kep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
4241260D-0D37-453F-A0DA-983A4EE4EDC0.jpg
034AEB3E-2866-4519-A94F-C6950301AA0E.jpg

We had a nice VW showing at MassTuning's first time attack at Canaan Motor Club. Myself, @Oversteermybagel, and another GTI friend embarrassed quite a few other cars. This was my first time on RT660s and, wow, what an improvement over the other tires i've tried on this car. I dropped FOUR seconds off my lap time in both directions - which was enough to land me in 2nd place. The event was a lot of fun.

Oversteermybagel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 2017 GTi Sport
View attachment 230551View attachment 230552

We had a nice VW showing at MassTuning's first time attack at Canaan Motor Club. Myself, @Oversteermybagel, and another GTI friend embarrassed quite a few other cars. This was my first time on RT660s and, wow, what an improvement over the other tires i've tried on this car. I dropped FOUR seconds off my lap time in both directions - which was enough to land me in 2nd place. The event was a lot of fun.

As everyone in this thread knows, these cars consistently outperform expectations of the typical track folk. In the morning after a fellow competitor, who happened to be piloting an Audi R8, peeked at my transponder times from practice he came over right before the hot lap to crack jokes about his ideas for handicapping my GTi. What he didn't know at the time is that he had the wrong target, @kep hadn't been running transponder in practice. I too smashed my previous record here by about 2s by virtue of a cold and happy turbo, newish Ohlins, CSS knuckles, and driver mod--not enough for a podium spot but that is OK

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
View attachment 230551View attachment 230552

That is awesome. Really nice work!

I'm also an RT660 convert. Best bang for the buck I've ever driven, especially for a combined DD/track tire.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
VIR FULL
I shaved 3.5 seconds off my PB.

9ACABE7D-AC9A-4A29-A4EB-FA2D9B22A817.jpeg

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
Track name: VIR
Track location: Danville, VA
Lap time: 2:16.08
Year/model: 2016 GTI Autobahn 120k miles
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3000lb (daily so only removed passenger and rear seats)
Estimated wheel horsepower: 330 (EQT stage 2 OTS, ARM catted DP)
Fuel: 93oct
Tire size and model: Nitto NT01 255, Neuspeed RSe16 17x7.5"
Estimated ambient temperature: 50deg (Nov 29, 2021)
Notes on setup (turbo, suspension setup, rain, frightened, etc.): IS20 FBO, stock DCC struts + stock camber, Macan 4-pot calipers with Raybestos ST-43, rear stock caliper + PowerStop Trackday Spec (probably crap)

Two day HPDE with SCDA, engine felt great no issues there but had heavy brake vibrations in the front throughout and fade near the end of sessions. Using new Macan 4-pot calipers and ST-43 with ATE200 fluid, probably a mix of improper bedding of those race pads on Zimmerman blanks and need higher temp brake fluid, have the RS3 deflectors installed with a heavily trimmed heat shield and brakes were bleed well. All other info is in the description of the Youtube fastest lap. Also hit some fuel starve issues at low fuel (~1/4) on front straight (uphill to the right) that is well-known issue so will look at surge tanks for next year.

Items being added for next year: 034 FSB, front deadset kit, Whiteline LCAs, EQT coilovers w/ camber plates, higher temp brake fluid (Motul 660), A2B fuel surge tank when released, possibly front 2-piece rotor with directional veining + slotting for better heat evacuation.

Last edited:

Bernb6

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Misfires & limp mode again - see YouTube link below

Track name: Sonoma Raceway
Track location: Sears Point, CA
Lap time: 1:56.0
Year/model: 2017 GTI
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3200
Estimated wheel horsepower: 295
Fuel: 91
Tire size and model: 245/40/18 Hankook RS4
Estimated ambient temperature: 70F
Notes on setup : 034 Stage 2, DSG tune, 034 RWB, camber plates, dogbone, Stoptech BBK & R29 yellow pads

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Misfires & limp mode again - see YouTube link below

Track name: Sonoma Raceway
Track location: Sears Point, CA
Lap time: 1:56.0
Year/model: 2017 GTI
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3200
Estimated wheel horsepower: 295
Fuel: 91
Tire size and model: 245/40/18 Hankook RS4
Estimated ambient temperature: 70F
Notes on setup : 034 Stage 2, DSG tune, 034 RWB, camber plates, dogbone, Stoptech BBK & R29 yellow pads

Nice laps. First lap was easy mid 1:55 without the little traffic at the start.

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
Did my first track day today, wasn’t planning on trying for time really bit after the first few sessions decided to toss my phone on the mount to have it record a few. Super fun, can’t wait for the next day! Ended up with a best of 2:01.06 in a earlier session, but only got this 2:03 as the fastest on video.

Track name: Laguna Seca
Track location: CA
Lap time: 2:03.77
Year/model: 2019 Golf Sportwagen 4motion manual
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3475
Estimated wheel horsepower: 211 (per APR..)
Fuel: 87
Tire size and model: 255/40r17 Hankook RS4
Estimated ambient temperature: 55 degrees
Notes on setup :
‘19 Golf Sportwagen 4motion manual
APR stage 1 87 tune
APR 350mm front brake kit
GTI powerpack rear brakes
Bilstein B16
034 camber mounts
Super pro front control arms
034 front and rear swaybars
17x9 Apex SM-10
255/40R17 Hankook R-S4
-2.1 front camber, -1.8 rear, 0 toe front, touch of toe in rear

2LEEGIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI MK7
Long overdue trackday, super fun day. First time out in the GTI (12/4 SoW CCW 1:27.9).

GTI S DSG (non PP)
Cobb AP stage 1 w/DSG tune
KW v1
eBay intercooler (majesty something)
Eibach rear sway bar
Apex 17x9 w/RE71 245/40
Front EBC yellow/stock rear pads

Attachments

• 009D8D25-33E6-4B2F-A873-432FC456129C.jpeg
    009D8D25-33E6-4B2F-A873-432FC456129C.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited: