GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Official" Lap Times Thread

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Dropping 5-seconds is huge!!! Awesome Job!

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
Dropping 5-seconds is huge!!! Awesome Job!
Thank you!! I think there's definitely more time on the table, but not sure how much.. a IS20 would certainly help, but I want to see if I can get it under 1:50 with the stock turbo and go from there.. Trying to keep in mind this is only my 3rd track day, and I've still got much to learn!

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Yesterday at Laguna was fantastic, everyone was setting big PR’s left and right. I finished .06 seconds off my goal for the season, so very happy with the result, especially given my RS4s we’re absolutely shot by the end of the day. Some fresh RT660s or A052s and I think I can go into the 1:42s…

Track name: Laguna Seca
Track location: CA
Lap time: 1:44.06
Year/model: 2017 GTI S
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3200
Estimated wheel horsepower: 330
Fuel: 91
Tire size and model: 245/40r17 Hankook RS4
Estimated ambient temperature: 55 degrees
Notes on setup: EQT coilovers 8k/5k, 2.5F/2.0R camber, 0 toe F/R, Stoptech ST60 w/ Pagid RSL29, Eibach RSB, full send

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
Yesterday at Laguna was fantastic, everyone was setting big PR’s left and right. I finished .06 seconds off my goal for the season, so very happy with the result, especially given my RS4s we’re absolutely shot by the end of the day. Some fresh RT660s or A052s and I think I can go into the 1:42s…

Lap time: 1:44.06
Year/model: 2017 GTI S
Estimated wheel horsepower: 330
Tire size and model: 245/40r17 Hankook RS4
Estimated ambient temperature: 55 degrees
Notes on setup: EQT coilovers 8k/5k, 2.5F/2.0R camber, 0 toe F/R, Stoptech ST60 w/ Pagid RSL29, Eibach RSB, full send

That looked pretty good! I just watched my lap side by side with yours. I'm a little slower through some of the corners, but not too far off where you are. By the first apex of turn 2 though, you're already 2 seconds up on me!

Bernb6

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Lap time: 1:45.5

We had 8 or 9 GTIs gridded up together at Laguna Seca on Presidents Day! Great to meet and help each other and to compare notes and techniques. This lap was my PB by 2 seconds. Though it was my only 1:45, I had multiple 1:46s through the day.
Bern

Estimated ambient temperature: 60F
Year/model: 2017 GTI
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver & passenger: 3300
Estimated wheel horsepower: 300
Notes on setup:
Power train: 034 Stage 2, DSG tune, Racingline oil cooler, BRSK-ER12S plugs
Suspension: RSB, trailing arm, Dogbone, -2.5 camber F&R
Tires: 245/40r18 Hankook RS4, 6 track days, targeted hot pressure of 35psi F, 34psi R
Brakes: Stoptech 4 pot, 2 piece rotors, Pagid RS29 yellow

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Yesterday was great with everyone there! It was my first time at Laguna Seca, such a fun track. Weather was perfect cold and sunny, I wish every track was like that.

Track location: Salinas, CA
Lap time: 1:46.8
Year/model: 2015 Golf Launch Edition
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 2900
Estimated wheel horsepower: 320
Tire size and model: 225/40r18 Falken Azenis RT615K+
Estimated ambient temperature: 55 F

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Just a general "way to go" to all the recent Laguna posts. Nice driving.

I love that track, but other than Forza, have never had a chance to drive it. One of a very, very few bucket list tracks for me.

acegp1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
I had an amazing time meeting everyone out at this track this week and we should definitely do it again soon! I set my personal best and the car definitely has more in it; I just need a lot more seat-time.

Track name: Laguna Seca (WeatherTech Raceway)
Lap time: 1:45.286
Year/model: 2018 GTI SE - 6 Speed
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3400 lbs.
Estimated wheel horsepower: 350 (EQT IS38 Map)
Tire size and model: 245/40/18 Falken Azenis RT660 @ 45psi Front, 42psi Rear hot

Notes on setup: BC BR-Coilovers set at 24F, 22R, RBF600 Brake Fluid, Ferodo DS2500 Pads, Neuspeed 25mm RSB, XGPS160 @10hz, TrackAddict

I recommend you mute the sound on this video as the audio is horrible to say the least.

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
I had an amazing time meeting everyone out at this track this week and we should definitely do it again soon! I set my personal best and the car definitely has more in it; I just need a lot more seat-time.

Track name: Laguna Seca (WeatherTech Raceway)
Lap time: 1:45.286
Year/model: 2018 GTI SE - 6 Speed
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3400 lbs.
Estimated wheel horsepower: 350 (EQT IS38 Map)
Tire size and model: 245/40/18 Falken Azenis RT660 @ 45psi Front, 42psi Rear hot

Notes on setup: BC BR-Coilovers set at 24F, 22R, RBF600 Brake Fluid, Ferodo DS2500 Pads, Neuspeed 25mm RSB, XGPS160 @10hz, TrackAddict

I recommend you mute the sound on this video as the audio is horrible to say the least.

Nice! Thanks again for letting me ride in there with you for a session, I'm very jealous of your power and your LSD! Some more more brakes and not having that Mustang in your way, you'd be in the 1:44's easy!

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Track name: Streets of Willow
Track location: Rosamond, CA
Lap time: 1:34.092 (TrackAddict)
Year/model: 2017 GTI SE
Estimated wheel horsepower: 300 (Stage 2 5150 custom tune)
Tire size and model: 235/40/18 Federal RS-Pro on Motegi MR140 18x8.5
Estimated ambient temperature: 50ish
Notes on setup: B8 with Pro Kit springs, SuperPro camber mounts, 3mm thick DS2500 pads with stock fluid(don't ask) and RS3 deflectors.

Strictly seat time type day. Ran with a slower group on my slower tune and braked easy because i had stock brake fluid and should have changed my pads. Seat time>lap times. Installed BFI catch can prior, and didn't get anything in it! IDK if that's good or bad... Haven't been here since they repaved it.

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
What a shit show of a day at Laguna! First session of the day, the group before mine had a 350z have (what I was told) ABS failure in the braking zone into turn 2, they went off into the wall very hard, cracked the k rail even! Driver and passenger were taken via ambulance to hospital to be checked out, but I heard they were fine, just sore, very glad to hear that. Took until 12:15pm till any cars were allowed back on track. I'd made some suspension adjustments to try and help the car rotate at turn in a little better, and my first session was pretty crap between getting a feel for how the car felt and tons of traffic. My second session of the day was a little better, managed a lap just over 1:53, but mostly was filled with dodging traffic, a brand new M4 Comp that went off in turn 5 and just barely kept it out of the wall, and a M5 that spun right in front of my out of turn 11. 3rd session I managed the lap in the video below, a 1:52.47 on lap 2, and had a 2 laps later in the session where I was on pace for 1:50.35 before encountering traffic in turn 9. I ended up leaving early as the whole day felt a bit off. All told though, I still learned some, and the adjustments I made were definitely an improvement! In the 3rd sesssion my optimal lap was a 1:50.32, which would have been a PB. I still think I can get the car under 1:50 as it sits now, however It's looking like I won't have the chance to go back to Laguna any time soon, and I've got an intercooler and IS20 ready to swap in, so it's likely that will all get changed before I can go again. If that's the case, I'll have to think about what my lap goal becomes with the IS20, maybe 1:46?

Lap time: 1:52.47
Year/model: 2019 Golf Sportwagen 4motion manual
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3510
Estimated wheel horsepower: 218 (per APR..)
Tire size and model: 255/40r17 Hankook RS4
Estimated ambient temperature: 65 degrees
Notes on setup :
‘19 Golf Sportwagen 4motion manual
APR stage 1 91 tune
APR 350mm front brake kit, Hawk DTC-60 pads
GTI powerpack rear brakes. Ferodo DS2500 pads
Bilstein B16
034 camber mounts
Super pro front control arms
034 front and rear swaybars
17x9 Apex SM-10
255/40R17 Hankook R-S4
-2.1 front camber, -1.7 rear, 0 toe front, .1 toe in rear

Bernb6

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Track name: Thunderhill East
Lap time: 2:07

A gorgeous day with SpeedSF at TH East with bypass. I had a half dozen laps at 2:07 but just missed the 2:06 mark. My shocks are not up to the task - Stock DCC shocks with stiff lowering springs.
Bern

Estimated ambient temperature: 70F
Notes on setup:
Tires: 245/40r18 Hankook RS4, 7 track days, targeted hot pressure of 35psi F, 34psi R
Brakes: Stoptech 4 pot, 2 piece rotors, Pagid RS29 yellow
Screenshot_20220313-083034.png

Last edited:

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Track name: Thunderhill East
Lap time: 2:07

A gorgeous day with SpeedSF at TH East with bypass. I had a half dozen laps at 2:07 but just missed the 2:06 mark. My shocks are not up to the task - Stock DCC shocks with stiff lowering springs.
Bern

Estimated ambient temperature: 70F
Notes on setup:
Tires: 245/40r18 Hankook RS4, 7 track days, targeted hot pressure of 35psi F, 34psi R
Brakes: Stoptech 4 pot, 2 piece rotors, Pagid RS29 yellowView attachment 242282

I recall you mentioning getting NT01s mounted before this event, did you decide to hold off? I imagine the RS4s are quite shot now.