GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Illinois Spotted Thread

GTiTES81

Ready to race!
Just an Injen intake. Debating on either getting wheel spacers for the stock rims or waiting and going with lighter rims. I'm planning on a turbo back system and going Stage 2 once it warms up a bit more. What are your plans for yours? When did you buy it?
August last year. Just surpassed 3k miles :)

Stage 1 initially. Then maybe some wheels if I can get rid of my stock ones for some $. Would love to go stage 2 but getting a little old for a loud car :)

Oh and eventually clutch I'm sure

GTiTES81

Ready to race!
You guys got any pics? Just a nosey neighbor. NW Indiana.

Last edited:

GTiTES81

Ready to race!
Oh and I'm on H&R springs

Hey, so honestly I'm on teh fence here with Eurodyne vs APR. From what I read Eurodyne has a more linear feel, and APR is just "in your face, boom, here we go".

What are your thoughts abotu APRs tune on your car, driveability etc.

nmarz77

Ready to race!
Well I haven't had a chance to drive or race a car with an ED flash so I can't give an honest opinion of one vs the other. I can however tell you that I haven't had any issues with the APR tune and they seem to still be working out the kinks with the ED tunes. I would prefer to go with a ED tune because i would like to be able to flash the vehicle myself but the issues with the tunes and what seems to be a significant lack of power through the rpm band compared to the APR is holding me back. When i made the choice to go APR it was made on the power produced through the rpm band, not just peak power and APR was the clear winner there.

GTiTES81

Ready to race!
Well I haven't had a chance to drive or race a car with an ED flash so I can't give an honest opinion of one vs the other. I can however tell you that I haven't had any issues with the APR tune and they seem to still be working out the kinks with the ED tunes. I would prefer to go with a ED tune because i would like to be able to flash the vehicle myself but the issues with the tunes and what seems to be a significant lack of power through the rpm band compared to the APR is holding me back. When i made the choice to go APR it was made on the power produced through the rpm band, not just peak power and APR was the clear winner there.

Gotcha! :) Where did you have your car flashed?

nmarz77

Ready to race!
The other nice thing about GRD is that they will give you clues on the new APR products coming out. They had hinted to me a few weeks back about a 500hp stage 3 and by APRs recent posts on FB it looks like that hint was true.

bbarker

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got my 2015 MK7 Black Pearl Autobahn w/LP two weeks ago at West Chicago dealer. They have free car washes, so maybe ask your dealer if they do the same. Do you know if there is such a thing as a "break in" period before I rip through the gears (manual)?