GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Golf Recipe Thread - Happy 4th of July 🎆🎇 Get to Grilling!!

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
update: I will encourage folks to try the breast down cooking method. I used a grapefruit this time...damn a mighty fine dinner (except the bnut squash was a bit mealy)

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
If anyone is having trouble with constipation, let me know... 🥵
PXL_20210221_205104592.jpg
Door2.jpg

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Greens and Beans

Large package of spinach sauted with some olive oil and chopped garlic (3-5 cloves)
add in two cans rinsed white kidney beans (or red at xmas time)
red pepper flakes if you like
top with parm. cheese
serve with toasted bread that you rubbed additional garlic on

this is also good at room temp for picnics

I will be doing this 2nite but with Kale (adjust green cooking times)

Last edited:

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Meatloaf:

not a recipe but technique. Instead of baking in loaf pan just mound it about 2" deep onto baking sheet (with lip!). You end up with a much larger surface area which gives it more of a crust.

Back when we were doing Hello Fresh they had a Sweedish Meatloaf recipe that did the same thing! You made two individual loafs but yeah, just form the loaf shape and bake on a sheet. Never thought to try it with a full size meatloaf.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Corned Beef

almost that time. Another of my more technique recipes. I use the two stage method. Regular just boiling is bland (and salty unless you dump water) and baking only is real salty.

Throw away the spice package, rinse the beef well and simmer 1 Hr (save liquid!) . remove beef put on rack in backing pan with about 1/2-1" water in it. Back covered in foil at 350 for 1 1/2 Hr remove foil for an additional 1/2 hr.
this gives you a more intense beef flavor w/o overwhelming salt.

Use reserved liquid for cooking veggies/potatoes. I always cook up two packs of beef because it's rare when someone says "Man. I wish there was some cabbage left over" If there is meat leftover dice it and freeze it for future hash.

Mrs Mud makes Irish Soda Bread (with raisins) you can Google the one she uses makes claims with World Trade Center.

Last edited:

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Dinner last night...

Corned Beef
Smashed Red Potatoes with Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese, Butter, and Cream
Cabbage sauteed in rasher fat with salt, pepper, and thyme
Mushroom Gravy made with reserved beef cooking liquid, Sam Adams Cold Snap white ale, Leeks, and Carrots
Whole grain Mustard and Horseradish Aioli (for the fella's in the SCAMdemic thread)
The obligatory Guinness, and a shot of Jameson for the cook

StPatricksDinner.jpg