Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Manor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Sochi has usually been a snore fest, unfortunately. However, next year will be the last that Sochi will be on the calendar.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I don't understand why Mercedes pitted Hamilton so late in the race. His mediums were in excellent shape with only 10 laps to go - the new tire health graphic even had them at 70% life. On a medium tire, that would be more than enough to do 10 more laps. The Mercedes team all but handed the win on a platter to Bottas.

It was fun seeing Leclerc carve his way up the grid.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Bottas was faster all weekend. Besides, they can give him one or two wins late in the season to keep him happy.

The title is just a formality at this point. Even if Bottas wins every remaining race and takes fastest lap, Lewis only needs top-five finishes.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Hamilton was still about 5-6 seconds ahead with healthy tires. The only reason I can see is that they didn't want Bottas to catch up and the boys to race each other.
So instead they chose to do a really obvious thing, thinking they could pass Vettel with fresh softs and salvage a 1-2 finish. But Vettel brought his defense A-game to Japan and shut Merc out; that was really satisfying to watch.

Also props to Ricciardo for tearing through the grid, too.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Man, F1 TV still hasn't uploaded Mexico quali to their site. I've been annoyed with this service since it came out last year - the dev team is really dropping the ball.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Really great fight at the top towards the end of the US GP.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Good race, glad to see Bottas run down Hamilton & pass him. If not for the waving yellow at the end I think Max may have been second. Crazy suspension failure for Vettel. He did one heck of a job holding onto that car.

Two weeks & onto Brasil.

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Good race, glad to see Bottas run down Hamilton & pass him. If not for the waving yellow at the end I think Max may have been second. Crazy suspension failure for Vettel. He one heck of a job holding onto that car.

Two weeks & onto Brasil.
Yeah, that back straight was critical for Max on the 2-3 laps he was stuck to Hamilton.