GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official DIY TTRS Clutch Kit

tommygun1

Passed Driver's Ed
I can’t comment on the rsr but the Ttrs clutch holds fine on my custom tuned is38 gti on 93. Working on an ethanol tune now and it seems to be holding just fine. It’s been installed for 30k + miles. This is with zero launches and highway pulls only.
If you’re not on a budget or plan to upgrade past is38 go with Sachs. If youre on a budget and don’t plan on going bigger than is38 ttrs/rsr should be fine for is38 power.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 S 6MT
Doesn't state how much power it can handle. I'd spend a little more and get the Sachs SRE from EMD. Conservatively rated at 405ft/lbs. Better to spend a little more now then pay twice.
Stellar deal nowadays. Used to be able to get that kit under $400 from FCP till they discontinued it.

jcvbadrabbit

Car(s)
VW MK7.5 GTI Rabbit
Stellar deal nowadays. Used to be able to get that kit under $400 from FCP till they discontinued
how much are you putting down with the ttrs clutch? are using the hs tuning clutch kit? and do you daily your car? im undecided on what to pick, the has tuning kit or to get the ttrs pressure plate and get the southbend dual friction disc or the sachs sre
thank you in advance sorry for all the questions

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 S 6MT
I have the Sachs performance kit with a TT plate. The disc is less aggressive than some other variants I’ve seen and the TOB is from a mk6 gti. The kit was rated at 420 iirc.
I haven’t dynoed my car but the tune I have is supposed to supply around 320whp/390tq. I haven’t felt the clutch slip yet but I don’t track the car.