Dr.Ed

Passed Driver's Ed
golf7gtevelg.jpeg

LarryLaptimes

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
4759016E-4FBD-47A4-BE08-E54E45B1ADEF.jpeg

Finally got around to posting a photo. New wheels. Motegi MR140’s with Michelin PS4S

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
Just picked up mine this past Friday! Haven't taken many pics, but it's a big upgrade from my 2018 Mazda CX-9 (or the Japanese Manatee as I endearingly referred to it as) in terms of performance. The CX-9 was a lease but trade-in values on it actually increased in recent months that made it worthwhile to me to drop it early and grab a leftover 2019 GTI (nice to have the People First Warranty!). The CX-9 wasn't a bad vehicle by any means, btw. It handles really well considering its size and it's an excellent family vehicle. I give Mazda a lot of credit for making a *really* nice family SUV except for the crappy tires that came with it from the factory. I replaced them after only about a year or so because they were downright dangerous in the winter. I kept them for too long.

My wife otherwise has an SUV if we need something with more space and my little kiddo fits really nicely with a front-facing child's seat in the GTI. He talks about how much he likes it every time we go for a drive!

I had a black 2008 GTI DSG and a 2010 GTI manual a while ago (posted quite a bit in GolfMKV and GolfMK6 back then too). Took a long break, but now I'm happy to be back in another GTI! My brother and I are car enthusiasts and we've each had faster and arguably fancier cars (he has a BMW M235i now, but he says he'll likely get another GTI when he's done with it), but we always talk about how the GTIs have been our favorite cars.

The handling of the MK7.5 is obviously way better than the MKV and MK6 were, especially since this has an LSD. I wanted a manual, but I'm really happy with the DSG too. I'm looking forward to getting back into things around here and with this GTI!

GTI SE Front - Copy.jpg

AERO

Go Kart Newbie
View attachment 181462
Finally got around to posting a photo. New wheels. Motegi MR140’s with Michelin PS4S

I'm thinking of buying these wheels. Did they feel much lighter than the stock wheels? Supposedly they are under 19 lbs. Also, did you find the holes for the lug nuts to be really small? Someone told me once that they could hardly fit the lug bolt in the hole. Seems odd to me?

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!