GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Cornflower Blue GTI / Golf Thread

krvnked

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5
I think it’s a bigger slap in the face to rabbit owners that they offered cornflower blue to Taos owners compared to offering it to 2021 GTI owners.

You could at least make the argument the 2021 was the last year for the 7 and therefore special. I was very close to getting a blue 21 se, too for this reason and I’m glad I didn’t.

The taos is the opposite of special… any year…

PRRGG1

Go Kart Champion
CFB remains a rare color. After five months, I finally saw another one on a 2019 Rabbit. We stopped, introduced ourselves and had a nice chat. I don't think he'd ever seen another CFB.

RabbitTwo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
CFB remains a rare color. After five months, I finally saw another one on a 2019 Rabbit. We stopped, introduced ourselves and had a nice chat. I don't think he'd ever seen another CFB.
Agree. @PRRGG1 I have seen a few CFB ‘21s in Autobahn trim, but it is definitely still super rare to see a CFB Rabbit. I do a lot of driving here in Ontario, too, which is one of our largest markets in Canada. Still, it’s really uncommon to see a ‘19 slick top. 😎

kilby

Car(s)
2021 GTI, 2019 GLI
I think it’s a bigger slap in the face to rabbit owners that they offered cornflower blue to Taos owners compared to offering it to 2021 GTI owners.

You could at least make the argument the 2021 was the last year for the 7 and therefore special. I was very close to getting a blue 21 se, too for this reason and I’m glad I didn’t.

The taos is the opposite of special… any year…
I have seen 2 or 3 CFB's besides mine here on Vancouver Island, not sure if Rabbits or GTI though. Betting that CFB is the Taos' most ordered colour based on the compliments and comments I get on mine. My dealer has 2 new, both white and $40,000 Cdn

RabbitTwo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
I have seen 2 or 3 CFB's besides mine here on Vancouver Island, not sure if Rabbits or GTI though. Betting that CFB is the Taos' most ordered colour based on the compliments and comments I get on mine. My dealer has 2 new, both white and $40,000 Cdn
Look for the black sunroof. If it has one, it’s an Autobahn. If it doesn’t, it’s a Rabbit. Rabbits came without a sunroof option and are the only CFB cars built that way - at least here in Canada. @kilby

PRRGG1

Go Kart Champion
Parking buddy today, a MK-7 R with my '21. My cell phone's lens tends to "bug eye" perspectives to make mine look larger here.

2012-08-18 Gunter and Golf R - for upload.jpg