GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official APEX VW VS-5RS Forged 17" & 18" Wheel Thread

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Those do look chunkier then my RE71 & RS4
Yeah, when I looked at them, the 245's seemed like they were closer in size to the RS4, but the 255 were closer to my stock tire size, so I may try them next, if the fit on this car isn't an issue for mine, that is.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Those do look chunkier then my RE71 & RS4
Just did a quick tire size search, and the OAD of the ECF is greater (25.1") vs. RS4 (24.8"), and gives up .1" of contact patch to the RS4 (10.5" vs. 10.6"). That OAD likely my painpoint as imaged above. We'll see how it affects things as time goes on. LOL

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Well these clear with room to spare. Yes, I need to order a stud kit. It’s still too cold here to use these, I’ll get on that.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Well these clear with room to spare. Yes, I need to order a stud kit. It’s still too cold here to use these, I’ll get on that.

Too cold? Lol. I'm still on my Autocross tires (RE71) which are worse then my dailys (RS4)

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Side note: I really like those jack stands with appropriate pucks. source?
Evil Empire. I think the jack stands are the same as the Escos, but I'm a sucker for orange.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben-parts/wide-base-professional-jack-stands-tall/029376sch01a/

Pucks are the Schwaben ones that are meant for their aluminum stands, but they work fine with these too. In hindsight, I probably should have just bought the deeper PowerFlex ones.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben-parts/schwaben-set-of-4-pinch-weld-protectors/3107838kt/

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Just did a quick tire size search, and the OAD of the ECF is greater (25.1") vs. RS4 (24.8"), and gives up .1" of contact patch to the RS4 (10.5" vs. 10.6"). That OAD likely my painpoint as imaged above. We'll see how it affects things as time goes on. LOL
Lightly roll them fenders

tigeo

Autocross Champion
they say not to even support a car under 40 degrees
Which tires? I'm not aware of any summers/200s that have an issue until you are below freezing.