GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official APEX VW VS-5RS Forged 17" & 18" Wheel Thread

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Hadn't thought about red center caps; not a bad idea! These are the "ContiHoosier" as I like to call them, ExtremeContact Force in 255/40zr17.
Annoying the BBS boyz....hahaha

Apex VS-5RS.jpg

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Man, I hate to actually type this, but Geirson @APEXWheels , how are the forged 18s coming? Asking for a friend...

If y'all could hold off for, like, 2-3 months on the forged 18" group buy my budget will be a lot happier

Same, post tax day would be ideal.

Perfect timing lads, check out the post above for a teaser of the upcoming new Sprint Line Forged wheel!

For the VW market, I have good news and bad news regarding the launch of this new wheel. The bad news is, we won't have an 18x9" ET42 available initially, as we are still working on getting the brake clearance dialed-in. However, the good news is we will have an option for some of you crazier VW folks looking to run a super aggressive track-focused fitment that can support 265/35-18 tires.

Stay tuned for more info to be announced over the coming weeks!

-Geirsen

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Hmm, I could actually use something less aggressive than my 17x9, which is probably what the SM10 in 18x8.5 is for. But if you make the new ones in gold, I'll just wire you some money.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Perfect timing lads, check out the post above for a teaser of the upcoming new Sprint Line Forged wheel!

For the VW market, I have good news and bad news regarding the launch of this new wheel. The bad news is, we won't have an 18x9" ET42 available initially, as we are still working on getting the brake clearance dialed-in. However, the good news is we will have an option for some of you crazier VW folks looking to run a super aggressive track-focused fitment that can support 265/35-18 tires.

Stay tuned for more info to be announced over the coming weeks!

-Geirsen
If it's 9.5" that's a no thanks, if I'm buying a set it's because it's lighter, not wider.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I'm all for RS3s getting some cool wheels, but 9.5 seems like a tough fit on the R. I already feel like the 9" wheel is going to do a good job of making the lowers of my car silver.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
If it's 9.5" that's a no thanks, if I'm buying a set it's because it's lighter, not wider.

I'm all for RS3s getting some cool wheels, but 9.5 seems like a tough fit on the R. I already feel like the 9" wheel is going to do a good job of making the lowers of my car silver.

@APEXWheels please consider a preemptive fitment request for 370mm TTRS brakes on the 8.5" wheel ;)

Totally hear you guys. The initial launch fitment for this new design was specifically designed for the TTRS/RS3 chassis, and while it can technically work on the VW side of things, it really isn't an ideal fitment for the R/GTI (unless you're running fender flares or have a dedicated race car).

The pain point we are having with the 18x9" ET42 is specifically in regards to spoke clearance for certain brake kits, most notably the 370mm TTRS/RS3 8-pot. With our current forged tooling, we haven't been able to match or exceed the flow formed 18x9" ET42 SM-10 brake clearances like we did with the 17x9" ET42 VS-5RS compared to the 17x9" ET42 SM-10. Since we sell a ton of 18x9" ET42 SM-10s to the MQB Audi guys, it's an absolute necessity to clear the RS3/TTRS factory brakes with an 18x9" ET42 forged wheel. Our engineering team is prioritizing this project to figure out a solution but we likely won't have anything set in stone for a couple of months.

I will be sure to keep ya'll up to date with any updates on this front moving forward.

-Geirsen

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Patiently waiting for some lighter weight 18x9’s too. I’m on a 22lb wheel right now, would love to be around 19lbs