GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Offered 32K for 2019 Alltrack SE, considering options

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
I wonder how many other car forums have a thread where all of the members began convincing one another to sell the car that landed them there in the first place šŸ˜‚

" GOLFMK7, the only automotive forum where none of the members own the cars they talk about! "

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Thanks for everyoneā€™s input in here. I decided to sell my GTI back to the dealer I originally bought it from tomorrow. It is the 3rd GTI, Iā€™ve owned and I lusted after the MK7 when it debuted in 2015, but couldnā€™t afford one at the time.
Last February my wife and I spent $50k on a 200 person wedding. Our parents paid for half of it and I was blacked out drunk most of the night. We literally got married right before lockdown and quarantine. We had 6 other weddings to attend this year and last which were all canceled. Yes it was expensive but it was also the last time most of our family got to see each other before some of them passed away from Covid.
Emotional spending on a one day party doesnā€™t make any financial sense blah blah. Our car hobby is based on emotional spending as well. ā€œIf I buy this part, or tune it will make me feel better when I drive my car.ā€ Make every day count folks. With the GTI gone, my BMW is probably going to get a whole lot more action.
View attachment 223725
Worth it for the pic alone.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Sometimes you just have to do what you don't want to do. To me, it sounds best to sell the car, cash out, buy a daily for cash, and drive it until your finances are sorted out. Buying an Audi SUV seems way off - if you can do that, you may as well keep your car. I'd also sell all the parts for it. I did this years ago when we had our first son and my wife was going to stay home. Sold a 2 year old '00 Jeep Cherokee (XJ), it was my first new car but that $350 payment didn't work in our budget so it was gone. Took the proceeds (that's why you always put 20% down...you can usually always walk away clear) and a little extra I had saved and bought a used Civic commuter. As much I wish I had that XJ now, this was one of my better financial decisions. Now all of our cars are paid for and I was able to enjoy the GSW with all the upgrades and buy the W8 so I suppose I made up for that lost XJ. Good luck!

Last edited:

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Sometimes you just have to do what you don't want to do. To me, it sounds best to sell the car, cash out, buy a daily for cash, and drive it until your finances are sorted out. Buying an Audi SUV seems way off - if you can do that, you may as well keep your car. I'd also sell all the parts for it. I did this years ago when we had our first son and my wife was going to stay home. Sold a 2 year old '00 Jeep Cherokee (XJ), it was my first new car but that $350 payment didn't work in our budget so it was gone. Took the proceeds (that's why you always put 20% down...you can usually always walk away clear) and a little extra and bought a used Civic commuter. As much I wish I had that XJ, one of my better financial decisions. Now all of our cars are paid for and I was able to enjoy the GSW with all the upgrades and buy the W8 so I suppose I made up for that lost XJ. Good luck!

yeah Iā€™m probably getting another AT next year when the money is all sorted, and not selling all my parts so I can put them on that car

tigeo

Autocross Champion
yeah Iā€™m probably getting another AT next year when the money is all sorted, and not selling all my parts so I can put them on that car
How much are the parts worth? What all did you amass?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
How much are the parts worth? What all did you amass?

$900 BNIB Superpro mounts - discontā€™d so I couldnā€™t re-buy these if I sold them.

$600 Golf R B6ā€™s
$~300 Golf R Manual front springs + Golf R Estate rear springs
$175 Eurosport Camber inserts/OEM strut mounts
$400 IS20 turbo (still for sale, as Iā€™ve decided on IS38 when the time comes after speaking with someone who did the IS20>IS38 upgrade sequentially).

I already sold a Neuspeed DP/my RSE10ā€™s to the guy I got the Marrakesh interior from (same guy who did the IS20>38 upgrade).

Selling my black interior this week for $400.

Thereā€™s definitely more in my house Iā€™m not thinking of hahaha

tigeo

Autocross Champion
$900 BNIB Superpro mounts - discontā€™d so I couldnā€™t re-buy these if I sold them.

$600 Golf R B6ā€™s
$~300 Golf R Manual front springs + Golf R Estate rear springs
$175 Eurosport Camber inserts/OEM strut mounts
$400 IS20 turbo (still for sale, as Iā€™ve decided on IS38 when the time comes after speaking with someone who did the IS20>IS38 upgrade sequentially).

I already sold a Neuspeed DP/my RSE10ā€™s to the guy I got the Marrakesh interior from (same guy who did the IS20>38 upgrade).

Selling my black interior this week for $400.

Thereā€™s definitely more in my house Iā€™m not thinking of hahaha
I would agree as I too did the IS20 to 38 sequentially....just do the 38 to start with.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Buyer backed out, apparently butthurt I made a post on my original WTT thread stating a sale was pending for 32K and anyone who wanted to bid was welcome to. Called it ā€œinappropriate.ā€ It was more of a wishful thinking thing, and really just throwing it out there on the super off chance someone else would want to pay more lol. To me itā€™s just an excuse for saying never mind after I already purchased new wheels for the sale.

Of course he backed out AFTER I bought the $800 wheels that were a contingency of the sale. Cuck

Last edited:

cb1111

Buyer backed out, apparently butthurt I made a post on my original WTT thread stating a sale was pending for 32K and anyone who wanted to bid was welcome to...

Of course he backed out AFTER I bought the $800 wheels that were a contingency of the sale. Cuck
No worries - what does Carvana offer? Vroom?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
it is what it is - I canā€™t blame him too much. If I was in his position Iā€™d have done the same lol. Found an R in Texas (where he lives) for close to 32 with low mileage
It must have been an older R for that price.