GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

offcially, we get the "weaker" MKVII GTI.....

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Would you buy a Honda built in Alabama?
or A Ford built in Michigan?
or a Toyota built in Kentucky?
or a Hyundai in Alabama?
or a Mercedes in Alabama?
or a Nissan in Mississippi?
or a Volkswagen in Tennessee?

Quality is about design.....not locale of factory workers.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
GTD will be where it is at if it comes here.. great MPG and still fun torque. I'm losing faith in the GTI. Probably keep my stage II MK6 and be happy

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Another bitchfest about a perfectly great upgrade to a good car.

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2010 MKVI GTI
Jury is still out on that one.... at least by mexican workers "standards" then, because I have first hand experience with mexican built jetta's and beetles that were absolute SHYTE....

and I was under the impression these figures (in the car and driver blog) were from VWoNA, as they are showing the US version(s) of the GOLF/GTI, etc at the NYC autoshow, going on currently.... :iono:

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
how? Keep in mind we are talking about an economical car, not a high end vehicle company.

GTI is considered an upscale vehicle these days, is it not?

And I don't know, the abysmal reliability record of the New Beetle was so bad that I would not take the chance in purchasing a Mexican-built VW at all.

and isnt it already built in India? Or is it owned by an Indian company....

It's owned by an Indian company, Tata Motors.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Uprated version of the EA888 2.0T? Uprated sounds like a 2nd generation software update

The 258lb-ft makes me think we do have Valve-lift....the figure is bascially more or less than same as the current A4. The full release at Vortex does indicate new block casting and so forth:

http://www.vwvortex.com/news/volksw...-7-gti-and-tdi-models-debut-at-nyc-auto-show/

The whole "performance pack available at somepoint" is stupid beyond belief....considering by the time these things are here MK7 would be in EU for 2 years. I know for sure I won't consider the car unless its available with the new LSD, since otherwise there are little reason to change into a MK7(same reason I won't get a ST also)....

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
If we're talking about the Euro version I agree, but the US version appears to be heavier with less power, less engine tech, smaller brakes, no LSD, and made with cheaper labor.

Wait for it to come out... then bitch... All of these things are rumors, I seriously doubt we'll get some kind of different engine over here.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Wait for it to come out... then bitch... All of these things are rumors, I seriously doubt we'll get some kind of different engine over here.

That actually I don't doubt so much. They have a plant here specifically for North American market engine....

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2010 MKVI GTI
That actually I don't doubt so much. They have a plant here specifically for North American market engine....

this is true --- there is physical documentation out there (online) from VAG, outlining global change and direction of platforms, engines, etc. --- and the US version of MKVII engine platform was noted as slightly different from the UK version ....

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
It makes sense from a cost perspective also since the regulatory requirement and market is slightly different. Localized production means its easier for region specific product.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Vortex is doing a live blog of the drive event for the GTI in France:
http://www.vwvortex.com/news/volkswagen-news/gti-first-drive-event-live-blog/

They did a North American specific presentation also, which sorta confirmed that there will be a "Performance Pack" for US with the trick front eLSD(the VAQ) and larger brake package. The slides in the presentation(linked on the blog) also did say the US engine will have variable valve lift. But the US specifc power figure has not been finalized. Supposedly R&T had a tweet that said US car will get actual mechanical parking brake....The ESP will be a 2 stage system with 1st being a ASR off and 2nd being a Track mode.

Autocar first drive:
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review...agen-golf-gti-performance-edition-first-drive

EVO first drive:
http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/289156/2013_vw_golf_gti_performance_review.html