GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oettinger Spoiler Knockoffs

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Are there any knockoffs that get the interior angle of the sides correct? From what I can tell in pictures, the knockoffs tend to come up almost straight on the inside edges of the sides, which makes it look like it doesn't follow the lines of the car. The last picture in post #11 is what I am referring to:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/daily-carbon-steel-mk7-manual-s.327982/
You can avoid that by buying the real product and supporting the OEM vs some cheap China shop. Paying more for quality is a good thing

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
You can avoid that by buying the real product and supporting the OEM vs some cheap China shop. Paying more for quality is a good thing
Enough about buying OEM parts... the purpose of this thread is cheap alternatives. Again, if you would like me to have OEM parts so badly, please send me $500 dollars so I can make up the price difference.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Enough about buying OEM parts... the purpose of this thread is cheap alternatives. Again, if you would like me to have OEM parts so badly, please send me $500 dollars so I can make up the price difference.
Yep. Somethings are work oem price. A piece of plastic/fiberglass that's being charger a monthly payment or two is not worth it

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Sucks to be poor brah.
100% agree. A little empathy toward other people who enjoy the same hobby but don't have the same opportunities as everyone else would be appreciated.

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
100% agree. A little empathy toward other people who enjoy the same hobby but don't have the same opportunities as everyone else would be appreciated.

I think the advice of holding off and saving up for the OEM parts is very valid for this thread. I bought a knock off hated to look and fitment, sold for a loss and then bought an OEM. One of the best decisions that I made.
Why not share that advice with others and save them the loss on a knockoff part?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I think the advice of holding off and saving up for the OEM parts is very valid for this thread. I bought a knock off hated to look and fitment, sold for a loss and then bought an OEM. One of the best decisions that I made.
Why not share that advice with others and save them the loss on a knockoff part?
Because the title of the thread and the OP specify knockoffs. The thread isnt called "Try to convince me to buy OEM parts".

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Because the title of the thread and the OP specify knockoffs. The thread isnt called "Try to convince me to buy OEM parts".
These knockoffs are all pretty much manufactures same way and many by same factory. No specific one is going to be better and everyone should know that when it comes to these Chinese made parts.

Advice is still advice especially if I have experience with it. If you don't like the advice then ignore it. You're being a stickler get over it.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie

I won't argue with that logic, but I will point out that your logic does fail to answer my question. If one knockoff does a better job of capturing the original design I only see it as a positive to identify that point for the community.

draza74

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
17 GTI
Or I could buy a knock off spoiler that works just fine and put my money towards mods that are more important on spending top dollar.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Getting back on track, but only kind of, I have been DYING to find an oettinger front grille. Can't even seem to find the actual oettinger one. Any leads?