GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM Wireless charger

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
I’ll have to try ordering again then 🤞

I cancelled mine for the same reason, I was sent a picture of the one I already have lol
fwiw I've messaged all the sellers that currently have it listed for sale and every one of them has said they don't actually have it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Excited to see what @Cuzoe finally gets ;)

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Does anyone one know of a better charger, fast charge level if possible, I have a 15w that can't handle using Bluetooth pandora and maps simultaneously it drains as if it wasn't even charging. Mine was an "Ali" spec so maybe it is under performing.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
The OEM spec is 5W max, nothing fast about it. And that requires optimum positioning of the phone/charger coils which may not be possible. With whatever charging solution you're using you can get an advanced battery app that tracks the charging rate to see how you're doing.

With the OEM charger using AA wireless I'm normally able to maintain a charge in the cubby but typically won't see any increase in battery level. Wired Android auto with the phone in the cubby I've seen 3-5% increase in an hour. This is with a Pixel 7.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Bad news folks (for the seller). They sent me the part I already have. Requested a refund. We will see if they want me to send the part back as well. If not then I will have a part that I'm willing to send to the first person that PMs me for the cost of a small flat envelope.
PXL_20230912_172005561.jpg

Unrelated but good news, air quality/humidity sensor and updated steering wheel touch detection module receive as ordered. Both the latest versions.
PXL_20230912_172016937.jpgPXL_20230912_172030896.jpg

Last edited:

Deathbyart

Go Kart Newbie
Sorry for the questions but I had a hard time following this thread. One of the links provided, contains two options for wireless kits (5CG & 5NA). Which one should I get, if either? Also is there a guide somewhere?

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Sorry for the questions but I had a hard time following this thread. One of the links provided, contains two options for wireless kits (5CG & 5NA). Which one should I get, if either? Also is there a guide somewhere?
The CG part numbers are made in China; the NA part numbers are made in Germany. There's probably not any functional difference but some people care (and think the Germany-made parts are higher quality.)

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
The CG part numbers are made in China; the NA part numbers are made in Germany. There's probably not any functional difference but some people care (and think the Germany-made parts are higher quality.)
One difference is that the NA German parts have a connector for a mobile signal amplifier. I don't think most people use that, but worth noting.

Haulien

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7 R
Tempted to do this myself (if I can hunt down one with a fan!)

Whats the go with the USB port?

1698307512415.png

That's obviously not going to fit the 5G0035222E (USB+AUX).

I take it you're removing the USB module (5Q0035726E) from the existing housing and using that?

Is the hole big enough for the USB-A port that comes with the car without modifying the cubby?

Semi related but not necessary, are there any USB-C versions that I could retrofit in onto a MIB2.5 system?

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Tempted to do this myself (if I can hunt down one with a fan!)

Whats the go with the USB port?

View attachment 294124

That's obviously not going to fit the 5G0035222E (USB+AUX).

I take it you're removing the USB module (5Q0035726E) from the existing housing and using that?

Is the hole big enough for the USB-A port that comes with the car without modifying the cubby?

Semi related but not necessary, are there any USB-C versions that I could retrofit in onto a MIB2.5 system?
For mine, I was able to remove the USB rectangular module out of the existing housing in the car. Once you do that, you can slide into the opening from the back of the cubby. The opening was fine for accommodating the USB-A port.

USB-C is a bit of a complicated aspiration from previous discussions on it. I purchased the USB-C part number but it does not work with the MIB2 units out of the box as far as I can tell (with a MIB2 Standard Delphi or a MIB2 High Harman). There's apparently a hub you can add that allegedly allows the USB-C port to function as expected, but I have not tried it. The other issues are that the opening is very much designed for a USB-A port, so you would probably need a 3D printed part for the USB-C module to fit/stay in place and that, at least with my part number, separation from the housing does not yield the same type of rectangular module as the USB-A port.

Last edited:

misor1994

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GTD Variant
Hi guys, does anybody else have an experience with the charger pad with that fan? I just received the set for retrofit (including 5CG non-fan pad), but I am considering to purchase another charging pad. The seller told me it is fully compatible, however, @Reaper1 had some issues with charging.

Thank you!

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Hi guys, does anybody else have an experience with the charger pad with that fan? I just received the set for retrofit (including 5CG non-fan pad), but I am considering to purchase another charging pad. The seller told me it is fully compatible, however, @Reaper1 had some issues with charging.

Thank you!
Did anyone ever actually successfully receive the pad with the fan?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Not me! I specifically asked if they were shipping the one with the fan, they said yes, one without the fan showed up. I did the return and they asked me to send it back. That wasn't worth my time so I still have it.

If anybody just wants one and doesn't care about the fan, I'll send it for the cost of a flat rate box. Unfortunately, it won't come with the harness since I had planned to replace my existing unit with the fan unit.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie

Thank you!
I still wasn't able to figure out what's the problem, Phones do not charge, everything else does.

If anyone has any suggestions I will gladly give them a shot.