GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM VW Fender Subwoofer?

amsr

Ready to race!
My 2017 SE GTI came with the Fender sound system which includes the subwoofer that fits in the spare tire. Somehow mine got damaged. I was going to try to replace it with one that isn't damaged and I found this part:

https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_2017_GTI-SE-Hatchback-20L-AT/52645408/5g0035621.html

5G0-035-621 Rear Speaker

Can anyone confirm that this is the entire assembly? Its my understanding that there is a speaker, a plastic cover for the speaker, and then the round cabinet. Would I have to also order a new speaker or transfer over my old one? Or is this the entire unit - plug and play?

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Looks to be complete at least for that kind of price. I'd look into aftermarket as an upgrade instead.

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
My 2017 SE GTI came with the Fender sound system which includes the subwoofer that fits in the spare tire. Somehow mine got damaged. I was going to try to replace it with one that isn't damaged and I found this part:

https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_2017_GTI-SE-Hatchback-20L-AT/52645408/5g0035621.html

5G0-035-621 Rear Speaker

Can anyone confirm that this is the entire assembly? Its my understanding that there is a speaker, a plastic cover for the speaker, and then the round cabinet. Would I have to also order a new speaker or transfer over my old one? Or is this the entire unit - plug and play?
I believe you look for this one
2017 volkswagen GTI Spare Tire Mount Subwoofer / Soundbox - 000051419B - Genuine volkswagen Accessory (vw.com)
plug and play

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Hello,

My 2017 SE GTI came with the Fender sound system which includes the subwoofer that fits in the spare tire. Somehow mine got damaged. I was going to try to replace it with one that isn't damaged and I found this part: https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_2017_GTI-SE-Hatchback-20L-AT/52645408/5g0035621.html 5G0-035-621 Rear Speaker Can anyone confirm that this is the entire assembly? Its my understanding that there is a speaker, a plastic cover for the speaker, and then the round cabinet. Would I have to also order a new speaker or transfer over my old one? Or is this the entire unit - plug and play?

That is the correct part. You can buy it for less from Jim Ellis VW. Run the part number through Google or your favorite search engine and see the link for Jim Ellis VW.

Looks to be complete at least for that kind of price. I'd look into aftermarket as an upgrade instead.

Correct: This is a good time to consider an aftermarket solution. You can either find a better dual-voicecoil subwoofer to replace the factory unit or use that output to feed a new subwoofer circuit. The wire that feeds into the stock subwoofer can feed an LC2i and then an amp/subwoofer of your choice. Just a thought.

Not that one! The Helix subwoofer system is not appropriate for a Fender-equipped car. Even if you opt to use just the subwoofer, The Helix sub has four voicecoils (8 wires) instead of the two voicecoils (4 wires) found on the Fender sub.