GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM soundsystem upgrades RETROFITTING prices

santiagopilgrim

Ready to race!
Hi all,

Popped into a dealers today and asked if they could retrofit the sound system upgrade into my now one year old mk7.

Yes is the answer and they can fit the following:

Part: 000051419 (sub fits in spare wheel) for £510 fully fitted

Part: 000051419A (sub sits in boot as a long box) for £450 fully fitted

Not sure which sound system would be better, but I'm glad I can get them retrofitted fairly simply. Just need to save up now.

ColinStone

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII 2016 Match BM
000051419 won't work on post build week 2015/21 on MIB II units. New part number 000051419B available towards year end.

Metfan08

Ready to race!
Santiago, is that just the sub? No tweeter upgrade or amplifier upgrade?

If so, will just the sub improve the quality sufficiently to be considered good value?

Collecting on 1st September: Mk7 Golf Estate SE 1.4TSI 125 Manual in Metallic Night Blue. Options: Car-Net App Connect, Discover Nav, 2Zone Climate, Net Partition, Silver Roof Rails, Park Assist with Front&Rear Park Sensors.

santiagopilgrim

Ready to race!

If so, will just the sub improve the quality sufficiently to be considered good value?

Collecting on 1st September: Mk7 Golf Estate SE 1.4TSI 125 Manual in Metallic Night Blue. Options: Car-Net App Connect, Discover Nav, 2Zone Climate, Net Partition, Silver Roof Rails, Park Assist with Front&Rear Park Sensors.

Hey Matt!

I'm not sure what they include, when I have more time I will go in and see if they can show me the systems inside a demo vehicle so I can compare them and see what's best. I'll post any results on here.

vwman

Go Kart Champion

Its an amplifier with digital signal processor & subwoofer ( 480 watts) sits in the spare wheel well.
It doesn't upgrade the speakers.

Although its described as 'Plug & Play' the fitted price includes the dealer removing trim panels etc running the cabling from the dash to the rear boot well.

confusionhunter

Small update. It would seem that the 000051419A has been superceded by the 000051419C. Im not sure why but my understanding is these are bot the Bar type subwoofers with the original none letter part number and the 'B' variant being the Wheel well version. This is important if you want to retain the spare wheel or like me have a fuel tank there in the hybrid version!