GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM Golf R headlights into GTI w/ LP Help

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
I've done the vcds coding as stated above. The lights appear to operate the same before and after coding. I've also swapped in the deautokey h7 bulbs for the low/high beams.

what am I missing? does anyone know what additional coding might be needed? thanks
Resolved?

Last edited:

Kushdaiin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R, MK7 GSW SEL
Just to contribute to this thread in case anyone is converting to Golf R headlights who alread have the Xenon headlights on the MK7. Golf R headlight on the left GSW Xenon light on the right. The 8KD 941 597E and existing 4G0 907 697H module will both swap over. Both the Xenon and cornering light swap directly over.

download.jpg

You need to buy an additional new or used DRL module for each side to run the inner U (4G0 907 697 G or H in my case). You need an upgraded lighting module (swap from 5N0 941 329 to 3D0 941 329 E or D). So two new modules per headlight or four modules total. I bought mine from a wrecked Golf R for a total of $400. Only need to code the Module 9 to get the blinkers up and running correctly.

Coding from earlier in the thread:
  • "(1)-Leuchte 0 BLK VL B36-Lasttyp 0" set to "33 - LED-Modul Blinkleuchten" (Standard: 12 - Blinkleuchten)
  • "(6)-Leuchte 0 BLK VL B36-Dimmwert AB 0" set tol "127" (Standard: 100)
  • "(1)-Leuchte1BLK VRB20-Lasttyp 1" set to "33 - LED-Modul Blinkleuchten" (Standard: 12 - Blinkleuchten)
  • "(6)-Leuchte1BLK VRB20-Dimmwert AB 1" set to "127" (Standard: 100)
Overall job took me 1.5 hours. However, I’ve taken off my Golf R bumper enough times that it’s pretty seamless at this point.