GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM 8" MIB 2.5 (MK7.5) Display

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I just read that the APP function does not work with 2016 models, is this for both with and without Factory NAV? I'm looking at this upgrade for a 2016 Golf R w/NAV, but I would need the app function to work.
thank you for your time
Depends on the part # of your brain. If it ends with an "A" or "B", then the App button will launch App-connect.

If the part # does not have an "A" or "B" at the end then the App button will do nothing. You can still launch App Connect via the menu.

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
We also have the Silver Bezel!
WhatsApp Image 2020-10-04 at 20.58.08.jpeg

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Another happy customer from Brazil !
WhatsApp Image 2020-10-04 at 20.59.49.jpeg

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Another happy customer from Michigan! Total time between payment and delivery was 6 days 2 of which were a weekend, which is probably faster than some domestic vendors I've dealt with. This is one of those upgrades where I normally think "why did I wait to do this?" But if I had, I'd have paid almost double.

1601925900319.jpeg

Attachments

• 1601925738528.jpeg
    1601925738528.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 90

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Another happy customer from Michigan! Total time between payment and delivery was 6 days 2 of which were a weekend, which is probably faster than some domestic vendors I've dealt with. This is one of those upgrades where I normally think "why did I wait to do this?" But if I had, I'd have paid almost double.

View attachment 187934
Beautiful!!! thank you so much for sharing this wonderful picture with us :):):love::love:
AC/DC rocks 🤟

Last edited:

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Beautiful!!! thank you so much for sharing this wonderful picture with us :):):love::love:
AC/DC rocks 🤟
2 things I forgot to mention, for anyone still on the fence:

1) Yes, it's brand-new, properly packaged, and arrived in perfect condition.
2) Installed in a 2017 GTI Sport; all of the buttons function exactly as they should.

t1m1t

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI Sport
As the video is pretty long I sugest you to start from 8:50
at 12:40 the video shows the instalation (removing the old and installing the new 8" Display)
the youtuber from this video, is a client of ours :)

Do you also sell the non-nav with the gray bezel in this video? It looks like it matches the gray honeycomb on the mk7 GTIs more than the gloss black.

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Looking to buy a Non-Nav with the silver bezel for my 2017 Golf Sportwagen! Just let me know the cost and I'll shoot a payment through PayPal!
PM sent !

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Do you also sell the non-nav with the gray bezel in this video? It looks like it matches the gray honeycomb on the mk7 GTIs more than the gloss black.
Yes, I do have plain Gray bezel (same as te video)! I only have 1 unit of this bezel gray...

Last edited:

t1m1t

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI Sport
Yes, I do have plain Gray bezel (same as te video)! Actualy, the gray matches better with GTI honeycomb pattern. I only have 1 unit of this bezel gray...

Nice! Could I get quote for Non-Nav with the gray bezel? Thank you!

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Which one would I use if I have a 2017 GTI with no Nav? Whats the cost with the bezel posted to Southern California?

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Which one would I use if I have a 2017 GTI with no Nav? Whats the cost with the bezel posted to Southern California?
if you have GTI with no Nav the best is to purchase the display with APP button.
Regarding the bezel , the honeycomb pattern does not exist in the market , so you can go for gray or piano gloss black, but this choice is really personal.
You can see above, a picture with Gloss black , it looks fantastic, the gloss black gives the impression that screen is even bigger, becouse all turns to black, seems like the gloss black is an extention of the screen , and for this reason many clients prefer black. Other clients prefer gray bezel because the color is a bit closer to the honeycomb, but this decision is up to the customer.

Last edited:

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
if you have GTI with no Nav the best is to purchase the display with APP button.
Regarding the bezel , the honeycomb pattern does not exist in the market , so you can go for gray or piano gloss black, but this choice is really personal.
You can see above, a picture with Gloss black , it looks fantastic, the gloss black gives the impression that screen is even bigger, becouse all turns to black, seems like the gloss black is an extention of the screen , and for this reason many clients prefer black. Other clients prefer gray bezel because the color is a bit closer to the honeycomb, but this decision is up to the customer.

If it's my pic we're talking about, for reference, it was taken in a garage at about 3pm, east-facing door (open), no flash. I've been wanting to upgrade for a while but I was hesitant to go with the glass screen since the matching bezel is not available. However, once it's in the car, it almost looks like it belongs there, even to my OCD ass. That said, I'm looking for vinyl to match the honeycomb trim (has to be custom made) or possibly doing a CF wrap on everything, just so it looks seamless. I doubt anyone will notice (or even care), but that's just me.