GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM 8" MIB 2.5 (MK7.5) Display

Betterforeign

Car(s)
Golf MK7 SE
So i have the 6.5" display withouy Nav, with Fender sound and Cd player unit in the glove box. Do i need a different unit in the glove box to upgrade to NAV?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
So i have the 6.5" display withouy Nav, with Fender sound and Cd player unit in the glove box. Do i need a different unit in the glove box to upgrade to NAV?
Yes, you would need a new glove box unit and possibly a GPS antenna. After you install your nav unit the dealer should be able re-enable everything except nav. For that you will need to have one of the people offering remote activation help you out. You can check some of the recent threads in this section to find someone. Depending on your dealer, it may be easier to have all your functions (the ones that came with your car and your added nav) activated remotely.

Betterforeign

Car(s)
Golf MK7 SE
Yes, you would need a new glove box unit and possibly a GPS antenna. After you install your nav unit the dealer should be able re-enable everything except nav. For that you will need to have one of the people offering remote activation help you out. You can check some of the recent threads in this section to find someone. Depending on your dealer, it may be easier to have all your functions (the ones that came with your car and your added nav) activated remotely.
thanks great info!

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Another happy customer, this one is a local customer from SC - Brazil ! Golf 2016! beautiful picture :love:

Santa Catarina - Brazil - Golf 2016.jpeg

Last edited:

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Thank you Pavashen !! Another happy customer from South Africa! beautiful car and now even better with 8" Glass Display
This is left hand drive car, unfurtunately , we don't have bezel for left hand drive, but the display fits perfectly.
A VW Masterpiece :love:

South Africa_Pavashen.jpeg

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
it is possible to screen mirror your cell phone (Golf 2016+) !!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Last edited:

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Hello Guys !!
A client of mine in US has just purchase 8"Glass display No Nav + Bezel, but it didn't fit in his car because he just realized he has a basic model (Golf S) and he wants to return the item. :cry:
if anyone are interested, I can give you a spetial price for this item, it will be shipped from client directly to you.
I can make US$ 329,00 for this item =) No Nav + Bezel, shipping !
if you are interested, please send me a PM

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
This is 8" Glass APP Display - VW OEM!! If your Intotainement/MIB2 has Navigation, the maps will work!!
All functions from MIB2 will be mainteined.
The Display with Nav button , only work as a shortcut

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
As the video is pretty long I sugest you to start from 8:50
at 12:40 the video shows the instalation (removing the old and installing the new 8" Display)
the youtuber from this video, is a client of ours :)

Last edited:

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Hello Guys, I am going to post some tips for the instalation to show you how siple it is. There are four small holders in the back of the screen. you just have to insert a small screw driver or spetial key and press it from inside out. Once it is unlocked, just pull out. To remove the old screen , it works exacly the same. here is a picture for better explanation.

Attachments

• back display.jpeg
    back display.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 4 holders.jpeg
    4 holders.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 152
  • holder.jpeg
    holder.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 128
  • screw driver.jpeg
    screw driver.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 139

vwlotech

Go Kart Newbie
I just read that the APP function does not work with 2016 models, is this for both with and without Factory NAV? I'm looking at this upgrade for a 2016 Golf R w/NAV, but I would need the app function to work.
thank you for your time

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
I just read that the APP function does not work with 2016 models, is this for both with and without Factory NAV? I'm looking at this upgrade for a 2016 Golf R w/NAV, but I would need the app function to work.
thank you for your time
All the information comes from the brain / infotainment . If the brain has Navigation, the maps will work whether APP or NAV. The screen only reproduces information from the brain. It works same as a computer, if you have "windowns" installed in the brain of your computer, you will see windowns in the display... something like that