GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM 8" MIB 2.5 (MK7.5) Display

germanygarage

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
Hi Guys , I am Mauricio GTI, I have created this thread.
I have been way for sometime because I attached a weblink in the first page of this of this thread!!
I still have some MIB2 STD if anybody are interested on it.
Please send me a PM
thank you
I won't add any weblink anymore!
Miss you guys :love:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Any way I can send you my MIB2 unit to have it unlocked and all options turned on? I like the idea of a new unit but rant my NA options to function.

gte718h

Go Kart Newbie
This is just the glass screen. The 6.5" system in the MK7.5 systems is the basic composition system; it's all 1 piece, you don't have a MIB unit in your glovebox. You wouldn't be able to use this screen in your car without installing a MIB2/2.5 system as well.
I see that there is a 8" MIB2.5 screen and MIB2 brain on sale simultaneously. Will these two parts work together to upgrade? I am MIB1. Thank you.

gte718h

Go Kart Newbie
usually MIB2 goes with 8" glass display and MIB 2.5 goes with 9" glass display
I feel like you wanted to help but you did the total opposite. Your listing shows that the product you are selling is an "8 [inch] MIB 2.5 (MK7.5) Display". So does that mean it should be coupled with MIB 2 based on your response above or should it be coupled with MIB 2.5 since well...supposedly the display is MIB 2.5?

germanygarage

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
I feel like you wanted to help but you did the total opposite. Your listing shows that the product you are selling is an "8 [inch] MIB 2.5 (MK7.5) Display". So does that mean it should be coupled with MIB 2 based on your response above or should it be coupled with MIB 2.5 since well...supposedly the display is MIB 2.5?
Sorry to make you confused my friend, I created this thread when I had the 8" glass display, but I dont have this item anymore. now I only have the head unit MIB2 and I created new thread for that.

MIB2 STD - PLUG AND PLAY | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

Kylef106

Car(s)
Golf Mk7 GTD
Hello,

My head unit seems to be MIB2 as per the video but it ends with A, does anyone know why is that?
the menu itself also looks to be MIB 1 era if anyone can confirm, please.
Part number: 3Q0035874A

1670966547828.png

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Hello,

My head unit seems to be MIB2 as per the video but it ends with A, does anyone know why is that?
the menu itself also looks to be MIB 1 era if anyone can confirm, please.
Part number: 3Q0035874A

View attachment 268044
It's MIB II, the menus don't really look different even on MIB 2.5. And there are several part numbers, ending with different letters.

These are my messy notes that I've pieced from random sources over time. I'm not sure how accurate it is. In addition, I believe that the NAR units only have onboard flash memory vs other units that have additional flash memory. There's also units that have wifi as well as GSM capability. Finally, NAR units have SiriusXM, as well as HDRadio capable FM Tuners.

3Q0 035 844 NAR USA, Non-Nav, SE, Composition Media
3Q0 035 878 NAR USA, Non-Nav, SE, Composition Media
3Q0 035 876 NAR USA, Navi,
3G0 035 047 NAR Canada, Navi
3Q0 035 846 Australia
3G0 035 020 B - DAB + and with comfort telephony with wireless
3G0 035 043 B - without DAB + but with comfort telephony with wireless
3G0 035 021 B - DAB + and with rSAP
3G0 035 044 B - without DAB + but with rSAP

Discover Media
Device 3Q0 035 846 - Without DAB +, but everything else possible - online service, comfort telephony, etc.
Device 3Q0 035 846 A - Without DAB +, but everything else possible - online service, comfort telephony, etc. and digital sound
Device 3Q0 035 866 A - Without DAB +, but with telephone preparation
Device 3Q0 035 874 A - DAB + and everything else possible - online service, comfort telephony, etc.

Kylef106

Car(s)
Golf Mk7 GTD
It's MIB II, the menus don't really look different even on MIB 2.5. And there are several part numbers, ending with different letters.
Tahanks Cuzoe, much appreciated.

Right now from the information I've gathered I can straight out swap the 6.5-inch to the 8-inch. but the 9.2-inch version also requires the head unit "brains" replaced correct?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Tahanks Cuzoe, much appreciated.

Right now from the information I've gathered I can straight out swap the 6.5-inch to the 8-inch. but the 9.2-inch version also requires the head unit "brains" replaced correct?
That is correct... 6.5" can be swapped with 8" matte or 8" glass no problem. You will need to replace the center trim piece to match.

9.2 is MIB 2.5