GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OE Euro Tails

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
It’s not that bad honestly. Stiff zip ties work great to fish the harness through. I’ve also done it twice so that helps.
And yes, dynamic signals are worth it. I remember seeing an R when I was in Finland, that’s what sold me.
Yeah, I didn't have issues with running the wire, though I bought some fish tape from harbor freight to achieve it. I use it for running cable as well though, so it was well worth the money.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Fancy orange blinker gang ! Mine are VLand tails, so has the extra led illumination in the outer tail position. My harness and coding instructions are from Zero815 and I have a euro switch. Rear fogs functional and when activated, the light in tach for rear fog-on illuminates like it should. Just seeing the extra illumination on the euro switch is cool, but even cooler is the sweeping turn signals. I have a quick vid I took right after install was finished on my IG. (Epictech)

*I used weed eater line to fish the wires through.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I get it. IT's just money and time for something that I'm not gonna see or experience... Harness is like $150, in the best case.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Mine wasnt

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
That link said it came with the yellow cable. Keep us posted!!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That link said it came with the yellow cable. Keep us posted!!

It's my understanding that at the bare minimum, you still need some kind of adapter\harness. As those lights are made for ROW cars, which has a different plug than NAR cars. That's what the "7.5 to 7.5" harness is.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Well the key thing is you have to link the the left inner and left outer lamp assemblies together, so that they can electronically talk to each other. That is what the harness does. Same for the right side of course.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Ohhhh. So will still need a zero harness to be able to use them correct?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I got a harness from @ZERO815 because it's still going to be required.

These lights are made for ROW vehicles. We like to be different (get all the shitty parts) here in NAR.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I got a harness from @ZERO815 because it's still going to be required.

These lights are made for ROW vehicles. We like to be different (get all the shitty parts) here in NAR.
With the oem, it's just a matter of shaving down one side of the clip.

ksurl

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE DSG
I ordered some oem lights from e-acca. The magneti marelli parts were out of stock everywhere I looked. dap didn't have stock for 60-90 days out. zero harness came in and still waiting on e-acca to ship. I considered vland but heard about the seal issues and rain getting in. Otherwise $350 would be a great price.

can confirm some long and stiff zip ties were mentioned in zero's harness install instructions to make it easier and less stressful than popping the boots out of the grommets for the hatch. if you break those and the seal, you will get water in there and mold in your headliner.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I ordered some oem lights from e-acca. The magneti marelli parts were out of stock everywhere I looked. dap didn't have stock for 60-90 days out. zero harness came in and still waiting on e-acca to ship. I considered vland but heard about the seal issues and rain getting in. Otherwise $350 would be a great price.

can confirm some long and stiff zip ties were mentioned in zero's harness install instructions to make it easier and less stressful than popping the boots out of the grommets for the hatch. if you break those and the seal, you will get water in there and mold in your headliner.
ShopDAP defiantly led a few folks down the wrong path with their install video. I sealed my boots with epoxy. Doesn’t look great but I’m not risking water intrusion.

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
ShopDAP defiantly led a few folks down the wrong path with their install video. I sealed my boots with epoxy. Doesn’t look great but I’m not risking water intrusion.
Saving this for later. Are you referring to their install where they completely pull out the rubber boots? Even if you fish it all instead, would you still recommend sealing with epoxy?