GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OE Euro Tails

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
You'll want a harness and VCDS if you want the additional functionality. Also somewhere there's an Aliexpress link for them that are the same thing but significantly less expensive, there's also a variant now with a real neat startup animation if you're into that sort of thing (I am, but I already have a set so I'm not gonna spend the money twice). I'll see if I can find the link again.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
And which harness? Mk7.5 to mk7.5?
Yes, if you have a 7.5 you would need a 7.5 to 7.5 harness. OBDEleven is another option for coding and significantly less expensive than VCDS, not saying is better just cheaper. DO NOT use the apps to code the tail lights though. Zero has great instructions that come with the harness he makes.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Would the one linked on urotuning be fine? I have a gift card I’m trying to use up
My apologies, yes those lights would work. It looks like they're charging $200 for the harnesses, which while I'm sure they work fine, it seems a little pricey.

RE: the OBDEleven thing, it would absolutely work as well. With that said, I strongly feel that the VCDS model is better, but that's a whole different conversation. Both will get you to the end goal you want, I've personally been very happy with my VCDS purchase and used it to perform a number of other functions on my car as well as others'. Biggest thing is (and this probably goes for both), don't buy third party. I've tried a pretty (un)healthy number of bootleg VCDS cables, and I've had nothing but trouble. I could've saved a lot of time and money just getting a real one the first time around. Best of all, you can upgrade to more VINs later on if the need arises. I bought 10-VIN with the intent of upgrading to unlimited when the need arises.

I'm biased as fuck though. Ross-Tech is based in PA, has been in the game as long as I can remember, and has helped me immensely when I was trying to figure out how to do shit with their product on my car(s).

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm running euro lights without a harness. I don't have the fancy orange blinker due to this.

Do you want the fancy orange blinker?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
If we get @dtfd's new Zhong Zhong lights on and confirm they work, I'll go a step further and buy new ones just for the startup animation...

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I don't know if I want it bad enough to deal with the fuckery of running that wire
It’s not that bad honestly. Stiff zip ties work great to fish the harness through. I’ve also done it twice so that helps.
And yes, dynamic signals are worth it. I remember seeing an R when I was in Finland, that’s what sold me.