GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Can someone explain to me what this? Does this mean my exhaust flaps have been open always? Also it will not let me write this when I select “install”.

Attachments

• 41C36567-7299-4D6C-8E45-0959B872F1AD.png
    41C36567-7299-4D6C-8E45-0959B872F1AD.png
    132 KB · Views: 80

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Can someone explain to me what this? Does this mean my exhaust flaps have been open always? Also it will not let me write this when I select “install”.
I cant help much, but assuming the solenoid is spring return NC (normally closed, returns to closed via a spring when not powered) and the flappers open when the solenoid is actuated. Its also my assumption that if the bit is checked to "not installed", then the logic bit that is enabling the solenoid probably never fires, meaning your bypass valves are never open and you're not getting the benefit of them. Complete guess on this, so I look forward to being corrected. Just my two cents

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
I cant help much, but assuming the solenoid is spring return NC (normally closed, returns to closed via a spring when not powered) and the flappers open when the solenoid is actuated. Its also my assumption that if the bit is checked to "not installed", then the logic bit that is enabling the solenoid probably never fires, meaning your bypass valves are never open and you're not getting the benefit of them. Complete guess on this, so I look forward to being corrected. Just my two cents
The valves were turned off. I verified the 2A byte was also not clicked on. I had open exhaust valves for 2 years lol. No wonder I always thought this car droned like heck!

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
Dumb question time, because I feel like the way they lay out their website, the app, and their advertising it's...confusing:
If I have a legacy OBDEleven device that still works and I still use, but I want to update to the new gen device - do I have to re-pay for the Pro plan if I already bought it initially? Their verbiage makes it sound like "if you have the old device/plan you should keep it because upgrading would be considered all new."

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Went from 1st gen to 2nd gen. Just bought the new device, my Pro plan transferred over.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
@TheSkeptic: With OBD11, the PRO license is tied to your account - it has nothing to do with the dongle type. If you have an account with the old OBD11 dongle, you will likely have a lifetime PRO license. So, don't change your account!!

If you buy a NEXTGEN dongle, simply log-in using your normal account and on the connect screen, the new dongle will appear

nzsi

Car(s)
VW Golf Mk7 R
Hi All,

I have a 2014 Mk7 Golf R and the previous owner advised he had coded the exhaust flaps with his OBDeleven to be open all the time.
Regardless of drive mode, rpm, sport, normal, eco etc.. they stay open.

I check and set long coding byte 9, bit 2. I have tried unticking, drive the car, then tick again - no change. Tick means flaps installed. Unticked means not installed.
The flaps themselves are working fine via ECU - I used the OBDELEVEN output test for the left and right exhaust flaps and they both cycle (open/close/open/close etc.. fine.)
I have logged the data and they show OPEN and 90% all the time no matter what I try.

The car is stage 2 with EQT. I checked with them and the exhaust flaps table/settings are all OEM so should not be an issue.

I have tried disconnecting the battery for an hour - no change. It looks like the ECU can control the flaps, its just always telling them to be open.

Any idea how to get this working? Is there a special process for reverting back to automated open/close control ?