GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I have an OBD eleven that worked great for years. Lost or lent the dongle out and forgot.... not sure which. Bought a new piece of the old style dongle on amazon and used it for some coding changes. Now (past 2 days) no matter what combination of pairing unpairing, uninstalling reinstalling, etc. the unit wont connect.

I bought one of the new style units and hope to see that working asap. Otherwise I'm returning both and swearing off this micro-transaction platform forever.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I have an OBD eleven that worked great for years. Lost or lent the dongle out and forgot.... not sure which. Bought a new piece of the old style dongle on amazon and used it for some coding changes. Now (past 2 days) no matter what combination of pairing unpairing, uninstalling reinstalling, etc. the unit wont connect.

I bought one of the new style units and hope to see that working asap. Otherwise I'm returning both and swearing off this micro-transaction platform forever.

Reporting back on the new unit - totally fixes the issue and is so much faster! if you are in any way on the fence about whether to buy the old unit or the new one- definitely buy the new one.

I completed the VAQ traction increase mod and the throttle direct drive mod today and have to mention that I am extremely pleased with both of these changes. The car drives exactly how I want it to now before adding more power. It's great that VW allows that change because many other cars (my previous B9 S5) with poor throttle response do not!

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Got the NexGen OBD11 for iPhone recently and made some changes. It worked very well, quick connection and everything worked as expected. I saw that they now offer a few different adaptations for Urban Joker lights, original, V1 and V2 I believe. I didn't change the rear lights yet and I could just change them to see what the differences are, but I thought I would ask here if anybody knows the difference between these versions?

cb1111

Got the NexGen OBD11 for iPhone recently and made some changes. It worked very well, quick connection and everything worked as expected. I saw that they now offer a few different adaptations for Urban Joker lights, original, V1 and V2 I believe. I didn't change the rear lights yet and I could just change them to see what the differences are, but I thought I would ask here if anybody knows the difference between these versions?
Here you go. I can't tell the difference

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for that. Couldn't tell the difference either

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
I want to make change to my MIB system, to allow the use of the nav etc when moving. Normally it locks me out when the car moves and I want to change that. That isn't the Video in Motion app is it? There is another one just above it in the app list called MirriorLink in Motion. Will this app allow me to use the Nav while in motion?
Also, does anybody know what these fault codes mean?
000BF834-5CF6-40B1-B01F-D240BBE3EBCF.png953209FE-11E4-44FF-B27D-DF6995C62F6C.pngC0FCD334-173B-4F46-8319-983C8137D352.pngAAD4D8DD-DC4C-4130-9C7B-A42821EBC9F1.png

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
This is a long thread so apologies if it's been asked before, but does anyone know the proper coding/procedure for a Mk7.5 to dim DRLs with turn signals/hazards rather than them turning off completely? I've tried:

09 Central Electrics
Leuchte4TFL LB4
Dimmwert CD 4 0
Change to: 50

09 Central Electrics
Leuchte5 TFL RB32
Dimmwert CD 5 0
Change to: 50

As well as the various "Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen)" to "not active" but nothing seems to stick. Any tips?

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
This is a long thread so apologies if it's been asked before, but does anyone know the proper coding/procedure for a Mk7.5 to dim DRLs with turn signals/hazards rather than them turning off completely?
Forgot to mention -- it's a 2019 SE w/ the OEM "L" shaped LEDs. I've heard these are largely controlled by the Lighting Control Module rather than hex09 which may be the reason these mods don't work?

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
I want to make change to my MIB system, to allow the use of the nav etc when moving. Normally it locks me out when the car moves and I want to change that. That isn't the Video in Motion app is it? There is another one just above it in the app list called MirriorLink in Motion. Will this app allow me to use the Nav while in motion?
Also, does anybody know what these fault codes mean?
View attachment 198338View attachment 198339View attachment 198340View attachment 198341

Can't help you with the fault codes. Looks like a lot of low voltage situations. Have you checked your battery? Maybe on its last legs.

For the Nav in-motion lockout in MIB, I don't use the apps ever, but the manual coding is in this Vortex link. It is for VCDS, but same idea for OBDeleven. And just for simplicity, here it is:
5F Multimedia
Adaptation
Locked menu contents
Change everything from "blocked" to "non-blocked"
There's dozens of lines, so gonna take a few minutes (or if you only want to unblock Nav, then just do all the lines with Nav in it).

MirrorLink is an early AndroidAuto/Carplay like app for phones that never really got popular here. It mirrors your phone screen to the MIB screen. And Video in Motion is only for the MIB2 Discover Pro units that can play DVD movies. The VIM unblock function requires a specific security code that is unique(-ish) to the serial # of your Discover Pro unit.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
Forgot to mention -- it's a 2019 SE w/ the OEM "L" shaped LEDs. I've heard these are largely controlled by the Lighting Control Module rather than hex09 which may be the reason these mods don't work?

That is what's been surmised by others.
"Short answer... only possible on Low level headlight "trim" (halogen).
With higher trims on MK7.5 the most of the headlight "lights" are controlled from a different module which isnt programmable at this point in time."

"You can check which module controls the headlights by the setting for the Lasttyp channel for Leuchte2SL VLB10 and Leuchte3SL VRB21. If the factory value for these 2 x channels is not active, the car uses LCMs."

Sauce

On my Mk7, it is Leuchte 2, 3, 4, 5 Lichtfunktion C set to "not active" to disable the DRL "wink", then Leuchte 2, 3 Lichtfunktion G set to "blinken links/recht aktiv (beide phasen)" and Dimmwert GH set to "25" or whatever value you want dimness to be.

On the OBDeleven forum linked above, it also seems to indicate Leuchte 2 & 3 and their Lichtfunktion G. This seems to indicate coding might be the same on the Mk7.5 is the same as Mk7 - if it is not controlled by the LCM (check the Lasttyp in those Leuchte channels)

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Can't help you with the fault codes. Looks like a lot of low voltage situations. Have you checked your battery? Maybe on its last legs.

For the Nav in-motion lockout in MIB, I don't use the apps ever, but the manual coding is in this Vortex link. It is for VCDS, but same idea for OBDeleven. And just for simplicity, here it is:
5F Multimedia
Adaptation
Locked menu contents
Change everything from "blocked" to "non-blocked"
There's dozens of lines, so gonna take a few minutes (or if you only want to unblock Nav, then just do all the lines with Nav in it).

MirrorLink is an early AndroidAuto/Carplay like app for phones that never really got popular here. It mirrors your phone screen to the MIB screen. And Video in Motion is only for the MIB2 Discover Pro units that can play DVD movies. The VIM unblock function requires a specific security code that is unique(-ish) to the serial # of your Discover Pro unit.
Thanks very much for the info! Really appreciate it. And I think those codes are due to low battery. I was sitting in the car for a while, it hasn't been driven for several days, and it was cold. I have't checked again, but it drives great and starts right up.

Last edited:

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
That is what's been surmised by others.
"Short answer... only possible on Low level headlight "trim" (halogen).
With higher trims on MK7.5 the most of the headlight "lights" are controlled from a different module which isnt programmable at this point in time."

"You can check which module controls the headlights by the setting for the Lasttyp channel for Leuchte2SL VLB10 and Leuchte3SL VRB21. If the factory value for these 2 x channels is not active, the car uses LCMs."

Sauce

On my Mk7, it is Leuchte 2, 3, 4, 5 Lichtfunktion C set to "not active" to disable the DRL "wink", then Leuchte 2, 3 Lichtfunktion G set to "blinken links/recht aktiv (beide phasen)" and Dimmwert GH set to "25" or whatever value you want dimness to be.

On the OBDeleven forum linked above, it also seems to indicate Leuchte 2 & 3 and their Lichtfunktion G. This seems to indicate coding might be the same on the Mk7.5 is the same as Mk7 - if it is not controlled by the LCM (check the Lasttyp in those Leuchte channels)
That makes total sense -- and in fact, I was initially confused why everything was already "not active" and your explanation clears that up. Hopefully someone figures out how to modify the LCMs someday! Appreciate the thoughtful reply.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
There used to be a gauges, section that allowed you to check ethanol, Content. However, I cannot find this anymore. Any help on where to find it?

Ok looks like android is still this way. I use IOS and I can’t find it.

Last edited: