GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

sbarrett4

Ready to race!
Just got mine in the mail yesterday. First thing I want to try is making the inner tail lights into turn signals - blinking at the same time as the outer turn signal, and also as brake lights . I searched the thread but couldn't find how this is done.

I have the standard US taillights. Do I need any additional wiring?

Can someone post the coding for it, or is there an app that I can use for it?

vigti

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got mine in the mail yesterday. First thing I want to try is making the inner tail lights into turn signals - blinking at the same time as the outer turn signal, and also as brake lights . I searched the thread but couldn't find how this is done.

I have the standard US taillights. Do I need any additional wiring?

Can someone post the coding for it, or is there an app that I can use for it?

There is many resources how to do this in his thread, trust me. Do a little searching in the thread to find links for coding.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
So I have searched the site, Google, YouTube, and more and I have yet to find what I am looking for. I am aware of Urban Joke (versions 1 and 2) but I am looking for something slightly different. Chances are the answer is more simplified than I see to believe it be.

I am wanting the inner tails to operate as brake lights and only the outer tails operate both as brake lights and blinkers as they are now. To clarify, outer tails operate as they do now and the inner tails operate as brake lights. Can someone throw me a freak'n bone here? Thanks in advance.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I am wanting the inner tails to operate as brake lights and only the outer tails operate both as brake lights and blinkers as they are now. To clarify, outer tails operate as they do now and the inner tails operate as brake lights. Can someone throw me a freak'n bone here? Thanks in advance.

Escape hatch: not sure about the "bone" analogy, but it sounds like you just want the inner tail lights to operate as "parker plus brake" function

Have a look at the various tweaks in the "Lights" category of my VCDS reference thread (see link below). Depending on whether your car has LED, or incandescent tails, perhaps post #614, or post #446 might be suitable!

Don

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/mkvii-vcds-tweak-reference-thread-98034.html

vigti

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm not sure what about the app is difficult to figure out. If you have specific questions post them here and I'm happy to help you out.
It's pretty straightforward though...Pair the device (code is 1234) to your phone, Enable the Pro version (assuming you bought it and have your code – if you didn't buy it, buy it. Immediately), follow the many published VCDS tweaks. Here are some good ones:
https://sites.google.com/a/naturalnetworks.ca/vw-golf-mk7-vcds-how-to/
https://docs.google.com/document/d/151DX1D0BEs76UfUpJbBAVJ8OhuhEoRPrmxFsUrKiVm0/pub

Keep in mind that "Instruments" in VCDS corresponds to "Dashboard" on OBDEleven.

In terms of your specific error, make sure your key is in the accessory/ignition on position (car does not need to be started). The only time I ever got that message is when I inadvertently hadn't put the key in that position.

So I have searched the site, Google, YouTube, and more and I have yet to find what I am looking for. I am aware of Urban Joke (versions 1 and 2) but I am looking for something slightly different. Chances are the answer is more simplified than I see to believe it be.

I searched for "tweaks" in this thread

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
You sir once again have come through, thank you. The "bone" analogy was from Dr. Evil in Austin Powers. Thanks again!

sbarrett4

Ready to race!
Escape hatch: not sure about the "bone" analogy, but it sounds like you just want the inner tail lights to operate as "parker plus brake" function

Have a look at the various tweaks in the "Lights" category of my VCDS reference thread (see link below). Depending on whether your car has LED, or incandescent tails, perhaps post #614, or post #446 might be suitable!

Don

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/mkvii-vcds-tweak-reference-thread-98034.html

Thanks. I'm looking to do a similar tweak. This is quite helpful.

ktbaird

Passed Driver's Ed
Having issues with this in my MK7 R DSG DCC. I plugged in, paired, turned down Soundactor, left dongle in 1 night. Now car is unresponsive and blinking codes a little bit related to gear box in park etc. It's as if battery is dead as nothing happens with foot on break and ignition. Has anyone out there experienced this?

Should also mention car is APR stage 1 with TCU tune. All stock otherwise.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

eurotrash1

Ready to race!
Having issues with this in my MK7 R DSG DCC. I plugged in, paired, turned down Soundactor, left dongle in 1 night. Now car is unresponsive and blinking codes a little bit related to gear box in park etc. It's as if battery is dead as nothing happens with foot on break and ignition. Has anyone out there experienced this?

Thanks!

You probably killed the battery, charge the battery and report back.

ktbaird

Passed Driver's Ed
You probably killed the battery, charge the battery and report back.
It started back up. Test driving... Not sure if this car goes crazy like this when battery is low or if the OBD was causing it but it was doing crazy $hit. The tachs were pulsing and screens were flickering. I'm a bit worried using this now.

Derf

Ready to race!

Thanks!

Similar experience. When the battery is low same symptoms as you have. Not sure what causes the low battery. One guess is leaving OBD11 in the OBDII port "may" cause a drain in certain circumstances.
Dead battery issues

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=18588&share_fid=112413&share_type=t

ktbaird

Passed Driver's Ed

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Thx! I really thought the car was bricked being it has 8500 miles. I'm driving it all around again today... no issues.

yes it causes drain only if you leave the phone connected to it ! if you disconnect the phone in the app before leaving it will be fine. i leave my obd always in but disconnect it. i confirmed months ago with them that this is how you should do it.

ktbaird

Passed Driver's Ed
yes it causes drain only if you leave the phone connected to it ! if you disconnect the phone in the app before leaving it will be fine. i leave my obd always in but disconnect it. i confirmed months ago with them that this is how you should do it.
Great to know! Thx for this. Car is back to normal and actually seemed more peppy today.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
The port is live all the time, so anytime anything is connected to it and it can use power it will use power.