GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
My 2017 GTI often - but not constantly - displays the current gear in the instrument cluster LED, and it changes to 1—2 or 3—4, etc. periodically. What I would like is for the screen to persistently display the current gear, not only some of the time.

Is this possible using OBDEleven?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
My 2017 GTI often - but not constantly - displays the current gear in the instrument cluster LED, and it changes to 1—2 or 3—4, etc. periodically. What I would like is for the screen to persistently display the current gear, not only some of the time.

Is this possible using OBDEleven?

Only happens when DSG in manual mode. Unless you have a TCU tune, then shows D1 - D6, S1 - S6.

Can’t be done with Obdeleven

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I have a 6-spd and it’s helpful when it’s displaying the gear but...not when it’s not!

Oh interesting. I didn’t know current gear was displayed for 6MT. Maybe it’s dependant on the driving mode you’re using at the time?

That said, when I drove stick I always knew what gear I was in. Displaying the gear number would have provided no value, for me anyway.

When are you ever wondering, what gear am I in?

Last edited:

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
Occasionally, if I’m at a stop or rolling through a parking lot I’ll be in 3rd and think I’m in first. I’m just getting used to the gearbox and feel. The indicator has been helpful going from a 5MT to a 6MT.

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
I plugged in my OBD11 just now to make some changes and check that my current settings were still active after unhooking the battery today. I opened up my history and it's showing some long coding was done, but I haven't done any long coding, yet. It shows it was done tonight, but the only things I changed under adaptation were soundaktor off and seat belt warning off. Has this happened to anyone before? I don't know what's changed nor how to change it back.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I plugged in my OBD11 just now to make some changes and check that my current settings were still active after unhooking the battery today. I opened up my history and it's showing some long coding was done, but I haven't done any long coding, yet. It shows it was done tonight, but the only things I changed under adaptation were soundaktor off and seat belt warning off. Has this happened to anyone before? I don't know what's changed nor how to change it back.

I'm no expert, but I'll take a stab-- if you have a user-adjustable setting in the HU for ESC or TCS, might it change the long coding each time you change it from the HU? I'm pretty sure that's what happens to adaptation values in other modules (like Module 09, the adaptations change as you make changes to your door locking or ambient lighting, etc through the HU).

cb1111

I'm no expert, but I'll take a stab-- if you have a user-adjustable setting in the HU for ESC or TCS, might it change the long coding each time you change it from the HU? I'm pretty sure that's what happens to adaptation values in other modules (like Module 09, the adaptations change as you make changes to your door locking or ambient lighting, etc through the HU).
BINGO - you're pretty smart for an old fart :)

Predatorbird

Ready to race!

BINGO - you're pretty smart for an old fart :)
Thanks for the quick replies, guys! I'm scared to touch long coding, so I was freaking out when I saw the change.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks for the quick replies, guys! I'm scared to touch long coding, so I was freaking out when I saw the change.

Same here. Whenever I get to a long coding screen I hit the "back" button faster than a melting snowflake in hell.

Hockey

Ready to race!
Finally got my OBD11. When I changed the NA regulation lighting I got an error. Any ideas?

Edit: oops, fixed my noob mistake nevermind.

Last edited:

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Here's one I haven't seen before. Tried it tonight, and like it.

The 4-way flasher switch is too bright, and doesn't dim when you turn the lights on. I have not figured out how to make it dim with the lights, but I figure out how to dim it:

Module: 09 Central Electrics
Adaptation: Leuchte 35 LED Warnblinktaster C48
Value: Dimmwert AB 15
Old value: 100
New value: 40

Now if can just figure out how to do the same with the front passenger airbag light without resorting to painting over the LED, I'll be all set!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
PM me your address and I will send you the flat black Badgeskinz cover for the airbag warning light, if you’re interested.

I went a different route with a brushed aluminum sticker sticker/cover from eBay.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
PM me your address and I will send you the flat black Badgeskinz cover for the airbag warning light, if you’re interested.

I went a different route with a brushed aluminum sticker sticker/cover from eBay.

Thanks for your offer. I've looked at both solutions (black skin and Chinese stainless) and feel like there has to be a more OEM-type solution or coding tweak somewhere.

bigdave79

Ready to race!
Thanks for your offer. I've looked at both solutions (black skin and Chinese stainless) and feel like there has to be a more OEM-type solution or coding tweak somewhere.
I just wrapped mine with some carbon fiber vinyl I got for around $7 off Amazon. It's really easy to take apart and wrap it. Going to do the door handles next.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: